Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Best454

NAT settings?

Got a Linksys NH1005 5 port hub that i'm running directly to the receiver to our ISP. I called them and they couldn't find anything closed. But i'm still getting error messages from Xbox Live that my NAT is set to Moderate, which needs to be open. I don't know how to go about opening that with a Hub.

Any Ideas?

Is it possible to open a configuration page on the hub?

Best454

Re: NAT settings?

I've also had suggestions to enable my UPnP which I can't do without accessing some kind of config page.
Carrot

Who is your ISP? Basically the device which you have it is a dumb device, and it doesn't have any kind of configuration page. If you ISP is a DSL Provider then you need to open the Ports on your Modem itself. As most of the DSL Provider modem has a DHCP server integrated.In this case your Modem acts like an Router. So you need to open the Ports on your Modem.

A hub doesnt run NAT, thats just done at a layer 3 device. You need to open the configuration page on your router and go into the DMZ settings and put the Xbox's MAC address in it. Thats the only way to do it with a single external IP address.