Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MaxEnergy

ProConnect Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch

[ Edited ]
Anyone using the ProConnect Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch with a mouse that is using a Usb adapter?  I have had the  ProConnect® Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch over 5 years using it on and off this was before mice came with usb attachments.   I have recently been trying to use a Microsoft Basic Optical mouse with a Usb adapter connected to the  ProConnect® Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch attached with and  the computers refuse to boot  it did not do this when I was using a PS2 mouse.

Please post what mouse you are using with your ProConnect Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch Usb or PS2.

Message Edited by MaxEnergy on 08-09-2007 01:42 PM

Message Edited by MaxEnergy on 08-09-2007 01:43 PM

Message Edited by MaxEnergy on 08-09-2007 01:51 PM
pretzel19

Re: ProConnect Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch

I believe KVM2KIT is using Microsoft PS/2 protocol so usb will not work with it.
jimbeam

Re: ProConnect Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch

[ Edited ]
Hi MaxEnergy,

Can you say what make/model of PC you are using? I have this same problem (not booting) with my ThinkPad - and I've seen mention of it on other websites - also in relation to ThinkPads. In my case it has nothing to do with the USB-PS/2 convertor, it's the KVM switch being incompatible with the ThinkPad, but I can't find any answers anywhere....

I've used my KVM switch with a USB-PS/2 convertor for years without any issues.

Message Edited by jimbeam on 08-27-2007 01:18 PM