dvf
dvf

how to connect Media hub to gigabit switch, was working on my wireless router error 107

Hi All,

I have a Asus wireless router (asus wl-500g premium) and was able to run the cd setup device detection wizard in the past successfully , the device was assigned a friendly name and I could connect to it by it's ip address. Unfortunately my wireless router broke down and is no longer working.

I now want to have the following setup:

My laptop has a pcmcia network card which is connected to the internet provider cable modem.

My laptop has an internal network card which is connected to a hawking gigabit network switch. I have assigned a static ip adress to the internal network card with address 192.168.1.5

The linksys media hub is also connected to the hawking gigabit network switch.

When I now run the cd installation wizard it displays error 107 can not detect your device?

So in total I have two network cards on the laptop, the builtin and the pcmcia network card.

How can I make this setup work??

Wilkins377

Re: how to connect Media hub to gigabit switch, was working on my wireless router error 107

Hi,

For a peer to peer connection between your PC and the mediahub , aside from assigning static IP on the PC I believe you would also need to assign static IP on the mediahub. It would be better just to get a new router rather than trying to make a peer to peer connection work with your current setup.