Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cheebamaster

Accidentally marked as Intruder

So I was setting up an internet connection with my Linksys Router and my friend and I were curious about the Intuder option in the Network Magic program. I marked him as an intruder and enabled the "wireless protection" option. Needless to say, he can't connect to the internet and I have no idea how to unblock his IP.

Things I've tried: Disable wireless protection, disable general security for the router, close the program.

I know this was stupid, but what can I do...?

AugieD369

Re: Accidentally marked as Intruder

Hi there, Network Lock will block any computer marked as an intruder when it is enabled.  Disable network lock, remove the intruder mark on your friends computer then turn network lock back on.
My Cisco Network Magic Configuration:
Router: D-Link WBR-2310 A1 FW:1.04, connected to Comcast High Speed Internet
Desktop, iMac: NM is on the Windows Partition, using Boot camp to access Windows, Windows 7 Pro 32-bit RTM, Broadcom Wireless N Card, McAfee Personal Firewall 2009,
Mac Partition of the iMac is using Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
Laptop: Windows XP Pro SP3, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, McAfee Personal Firewall 2008

Please note that though I am a beta tester for Network Magic, I am not a employee of Linksys/Cisco and am volunteering my time here to help other NM users.
thecreator

Re: Accidentally marked as Intruder

cheebamaster wrote:

So I was setting up an internet connection with my Linksys Router and my friend and I were curious about the Intuder option in the Network Magic program. I marked him as an intruder and enabled the "wireless protection" option. Needless to say, he can't connect to the internet and I have no idea how to unblock his IP.

Things I've tried: Disable wireless protection, disable general security for the router, close the program.

I know this was stupid, but what can I do...?

Hi cheebamaster,

Did you simply right-click on his computer on the Network Map and click stop tracking as an Intruder?

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.