dmcgowan

Clear / Reset Device List

Just moved house and have taken the opportunity to totally re-do our home network(s).  I am running NM version 5.5.9111.0-beta with platform version 11.2.9110.0-beta.  Mix of Vista, SBS2003 and many uPnP devices.

I want to totally clear out the device list and start again adding and renaming as I go (had over 40 devices when we moved).  There used to be a post on the old forums but I can not find it!  Anyone know where it is now (couldn't find here either) or have the how to to delete the device list so the map is re-created from scratch.

Thanks.

Darren

p.s.  NM is working just fine, no issues - just want to clear out the device list and rebuild it

thecreator

Re: Clear / Reset Device List

Hi Darren,

For Windows XP operating systems, just delete networklib located:

Drive Letter:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pure Networks\Platform

Use Services to stop Pure Networks Platform Service. Once deleted, on all copies of Network Magic, restart the Service.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.
maybaum

Re: Clear / Reset Device List

How do I clear the network map for Network Magic in Windows 7?  I have over 9 pages of maps and wish to start from ground zero now that I have password protected my router.

Thanks,

Lee

maybaum@gmail.com