Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
izapin
Accepted Solution

Connected to the internet but Network magic shows not connected

My network is connect to the internet both wirelessly and by cable. On the compputer connected by cable network magic shows not connected but I am connected. Cannot print remotely. Map shows router connected but network is not. 
AugieD369

Re: Connected to the internet but Network magic shows not connected

Hi there, can you please post some addtional info so that the Cisco Network Magic Support Community here on the Linksys Forums can assist you? The info we need is as follows:

1. Your Network Magic Version installed: example: 5.1.8345.0
2. The type of connection to the Internet, like DSL, Cable, or Verizon FIOS Internet Connection.
3. The Brand of Modem and its Model Number the router is connected to.
4. The Brand, Model, Hardware Revision of your Router and include the Firmware Version: Linksys WRT54G v8.2 Firmware Version 8.2.05
5. The Method of connection your problem computer has to the Router: Wired or Wireless.
6. The Connection in use on the problem computer: Ethernet Port is a PCI Adapter Card, Linksys WMP54G v4.1
7. Operating system and version and Service Pack Level, if any. Ex. Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 1
8. Software Firewall in use: McAfee Personal Firewall 9.0.136 Build
9. Also if any Anti-Virus Program or Spyware Program is actively protecting your computer. (Some Programs like Spybot does cause problems, not being able to go to specific sites.)
10. Include your location in the post or fill out your Profile for this forum and include the location. (Reason: Not all Routers from a given manufacturer are available everywhere.)
11. Post the link to your Router Model, if an off-brand Router or not found in the USA on the Manufacturer's USA's Website. (Why? Posters helping each other, aren't working for Linksys or Cisco, so make it easier on the posters helping on.)
12. And any other information you think is important if answering your own post, and the nature of the problem, itself.
13. By posting all this information, you can hopefully get help from someone that has the same equipment that you have and theirs is working. Not everyone has the same equipment.

(Thanks to thecreator for providing me this list of info needed for NM support)

-AugieD369, Cisco Network Magic Beta Tester
My Cisco Network Magic Configuration:
Router: D-Link WBR-2310 A1 FW:1.04, connected to Comcast High Speed Internet
Desktop, iMac: NM is on the Windows Partition, using Boot camp to access Windows, Windows 7 Pro 32-bit RTM, Broadcom Wireless N Card, McAfee Personal Firewall 2009,
Mac Partition of the iMac is using Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
Laptop: Windows XP Pro SP3, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, McAfee Personal Firewall 2008

Please note that though I am a beta tester for Network Magic, I am not a employee of Linksys/Cisco and am volunteering my time here to help other NM users.
izapin

Thank you

After reading your response, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the program. Thought it would be a little easier. I felt that the problenm was that the program had been corrupted but hesitated on the reinstall since I downloaded it from the internet several years ago and couldn't find the product key.  I finally found the program on cisco and the location of the key and lo and behold it is working. Not as sexy but effective.

Thank you again

citizennnn

Okay!  I give up!  Who can tell me how and where to FIND a download for my Network Magic program version 4.9.8225 that has worked flawlessly until this WEEK, for no apparent reason ???   My computer IS obviously accessing the internet, but Network Magic shows NO INTERNET CONNECTION!  duh!   and I do NOT wish to upgrade to 5.5 - because it states that Net2Go will no longer work if I do.  

Whitehill

On my PCs, status shows connected; on my Macs, status shows disconnected.  All machines have internet connectivity, by my personal inspection.
Atmosfear

I have the same Problem since today and i use Network Magic Pro 5.1. I guess Network magic makes first a connection to www.purenetworks.com, did not find the Server and then thinks the computer has no connection to the Internet and more worse dont check for other wlan networks.

I have 3 PC, one vista connected with Network Magic and one with XP and network magic. Both show the sign that there is no Internet connection while the Internet works fine but i cant choose another wlan Network because it finds none. My 3rd PC was yesterday reformated and has a bran new win7 RC. On this PC network magic is not installed (i did forgot it) and it shows all other wlan networks so i can only guess that this Problem is related to the Server of purenetworks.com

OBY
OBY

I am wondering if anyone has a solution for this problem by now. I have the same problem - all computers are connected to the internet but Network magic shows not connected. I have version 4.9.8225 and I can't even get to the point of downloading a new version. I have tried to acccess their website www.purenetworks.com but it seems like the site is gone. I just get the error 404 page.
TadhgPadraig

Ditto all of the above. Reinstalled Purenetworks/Cisco Version 4.9, entered licensed activation key, tried to activate and the software tells me that I don't have an internet connection because it cannot find the server. The network magic on my host computer for my home network shows no internet connection but home WIFI up and running. Has Cisco discontinued support for pre 5.0 versions of Network Magic? Didn't receive any notifications of this. Did they reach in and alter my installation of Version 4.9. Slightly annoyed because I was still able to run 98/ME notebooks on my 4.9 Network Magic. any suggestions or latest info? Tim
msgBldr

I have the same problem. After jumping thru all sorts of power cycle and reboot hoops I found this thread. Somebody should undo the cutesy icon that says problem solved.

I assume there is no fix yet.

Given the difficulty that I have getting into this forum and the quirks of the product after paying for an upgrade. Cisco will be hard pressed to get me to ever buy any of their products again. Anybody know how to get a refund for NM v5?

Bob Bailey
Dushan29

Since yestereday, I've experienced the same problem. I'm connected to the Internet but NM shows as not connected. I've tried just about everything there is to try to repair the connection to know avail. I have NM version 5.1.9055.0-Pure1. I see that they now have a newer version 5.5. Is there no Cisco tech person monitoring this forum to come up with some answers here? I can't access NM's area "Advisor." I can't do a speed check. Obviously, something is amiss and Cisco should have some answers. I'm going to contact them directly to see what's going on. I hope others have done the same.