Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dianar

Connecting Kindle Fire HD to wireless

I just got a Kindle Fire HD and I cannot get my Network Magic router to connect to it.  My model number is WRT120N on the router.  My kindle sees it, and I have updated the password, but the Kindle won't connect. Should I uninstall/reinstall the router? Thanks

jaymay

Re: Connecting Kindle Fire HD to wireless

I’m thinking that the Network Lock is enabled on the network magic software and that means that the Wireless Mac Filter is enabled on your router. You will have to disable either one of them (network lock/wireless mac filter). But I think it’s much easier to disable the network lock. Open your network magic software then under Tasks click on Change Wireless Protection (sometimes it will ask you to enter your router password so just enter it). Once the Wireless Protection page is open, you will see an option for Network Lock. Click then on Disable Network Lock. Once it is disabled, try to connect your Kindle. After the Kindle gets connected wirelessly, enable the Network Lock again.

dianar

Re: Connecting Kindle Fire HD to wireless

Thanks I will try that.  I have been working on this all day, and It may be that I am using the wrong password.  I am working on trying to get back the original router password, which is not going well either.  But thanks so much for your reply...if I can get that far, I will try what you suggested.  Thought this would be an easy thing to do!!