Administrator
davo

**FINAL UPDATE** Network Magic activation issues

[ Edited ]

Hello,

As most of you are aware, there is an issue with the Network Magic activation process.  I can't provide any root cause at the time as I don't yet know why this is happening.  What I can tell you is that the issue is being worked on and we will have a fix in place as soon as possible.  Please be patient while we work this out.  I'll update this thread with more information as it comes in.

UPDATE #1 - There was a fire at the external datacenter utilized by Network Magic.  The website and store are up, but the activation is still affected.  Stand by...

UPDATE #2 - I've removed the read-only lock on this thread.  Feel free to reply back with details of the problems you are experiencing with activation; screenshots are welcome.  Please also reply to this thread once your activation issues have been resolved.

UPDATE #3 - I ran the activation routine and was able to generate the following screenshots.  Are these the same errors you are receiving???

NM_activation.JPG

NM_activation2.JPG

UPDATE #4 - Not a true update as I have no new information.  I do have a suggestion...  Try to enjoy what is left of the holiday weekend.  I will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as information becomes available.  Rest assured that the appropriate people are working on this issue and it will be resolved as soon as possible.  Thanks for hanging in there with us!  The good news is that the new features in Network Magic are worth waiting for.  ;-)

UPDATE #5 - I just spoke with one of our database administrators that has been working the activation issue.  I'll summarize his comments to me.

• At this point, we're still recovering from the fire at the datacenter.  This created issues with DNS which prolonged the wait for all of the clients who perform checkbacks (update notifications).

• All of these clients have been tapping on our door since Thursday night and now they're all trying to get back in at once.

• We're seeing in the data base that some activations are happening -- just not all of them.  The servers are overwhelmed with these requests.  This will even out over time.

There is no hard ETA for a solution at this point but the team is still actively working on the issue.

FINAL UPDATE - Based on reports from many of you following this thread, it seems activations are now being processed as expected.  I was able to activate my test account this morning as well.  Any users still experiencing issues should be able to activate very soon.  Thank you for being patient during this time.  I hope that you find Network Magic 5.5 was worth the wait.

I'm going to lock this thread but will continue to monitor this board for any for any outstanding issues.

Thanks again!

Davo

Message Edited by davo on 07-06-2009 01:40 PM
alhogan2

Re: **UPDATE #2** Network Magic activation issues

Thanks for the update. A lot of us was in the dark for a few days.

Here's my issue to start. Cannot activate my product.

cool1007

I bought the software yesterday, and I'm still unable to activate. The message says: Unable to Activate. The licensing server could not be contacted.

My firewall is off so, I know it's not a problem related to my own network.

Hope you can solve this quickly.

Administrator
davo

Thanks for the info.  Please keep in mind that IT people are working on the issue, but status updates to folks like myself are not the top priority.  I am ok with that since I know they are working hard to solve the activation problems.  I will share any relevant information that I receive at the top of this thread.

Thanks,

Davo

alhogan2

I appreciate that very much
georgiapeach

Just a grandmother here trying to keep our 3 computers talking to each other and the www.  Network Magic (5.5.9118.2), Vista Home Premium on 1 pc and XP Home Premium on 2 pc's.  NM says I am not connected to the internet, yet I am,  Have been through the repair thing many times with no success.  Please let us know when this is fixed.
Administrator
davo

Hang in there folks.  Smarter people than myself are working on this.

Davo

canajan

Re: **UPDATE #3** Network Magic activation issues

Yes, those are exactly the screens I am getting since yesterday (July 4) afternoon.
qi6588

Yep, same exact screenshots as here.  Can't enter the license key nor can I simply start the trial.  In limbo as it were.....

Thanks for the updates!

rscarnahan

Yep.  Same issue.  Thanks for the headsup!