09-30-2009 09:44 AM
I have one on the new Dell Mini computers. I purchased the Wireless-G Broadband Router model #WRT54G2 and had the most difficult time getting Network Magic installed on the Mini because the monitor was too small for the required resolution (1024x768) - this was trying to install via the CD that came with the router.
The solution to this problem:
1) Use the CD to install the Router and Network Magic on your desktop (or wherever you are hardwired to the internet).
2) Open Network Magic; go to "Status" and download the newest version of Network Magic to your desktop.
3) DO NOT use the CD to install Network Magic on the Mini. Instead - Unplug your hardwire connection from your desktop and connect it to your Mini. Go to "linksysbycisco.com/us/en/support/WRT54G2/download
4) Replug your hardwire connection into your desktop.
5) You can now use Network Magic from your desktop to add the mini to the network. Go to "Tasks" and then "Add a device." You will be able to follow the directions at this point.
The only other issue I found was naming the network. I had to name the desktop and the mini the same name otherwise it wouldn't connect.
Good Luck and hopefully it won't take you the three days it took me to figure this out.
10-01-2009 11:27 AM
05-30-2010 05:35 AM
I had a great connection with my Linksys until 3 days ago. It seems I pickup a virus. I have since corrected that situation but now my computer doesn't reconginze LINKSYS. So is there a download I need to reinstate the use of LINKYSYS?
06-26-2010 07:42 AM
I installed the router on my IBM laptop but now cannot get it to work wirelessly on an Apple Mac Pro computer? What do I do?
07-09-2010 06:26 AM
I recently purchased & installed links by Cisco router from e-bay. The installation was successful, however when I went to add a device [a Sony Aviva laptop USB device the screen simply says"searching" and never finds this device. I use Windows Vista home premium, on my PC, However the Sony Aviva Laptop uses Windows XP. Can Someone help! Thanks Jim Verb
08-05-2010 09:48 AM
Hi i have a Router WRT 54 G2 v1, when i want to connect it wireless to my new mini, He is asking me to enter a Security key !
i don't know how to get that Code, anyone would have an answer for me ?