Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SGTsurvey

How do you delete a device from Network Magic?

How do you delete a device from Network Magic?
AugieD369

Re: How do you delete a device from Network Magic?

Hi, make sure your device is not connected, then right click on it and select remove.
My Cisco Network Magic Configuration:
Router: D-Link WBR-2310 A1 FW:1.04, connected to Comcast High Speed Internet
Desktop, iMac: NM is on the Windows Partition, using Boot camp to access Windows, Windows 7 Pro 32-bit RTM, Broadcom Wireless N Card, McAfee Personal Firewall 2009,
Mac Partition of the iMac is using Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
Laptop: Windows XP Pro SP3, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, McAfee Personal Firewall 2008

Please note that though I am a beta tester for Network Magic, I am not a employee of Linksys/Cisco and am volunteering my time here to help other NM users.
snssewell

And how about if the device I want to remove is not a device in my house but someone that somehow connected to my secured network. How do I remove it then? Or block it or whatever to stop them from connecting to my network? :smileyhappy: TY

thecreator

snssewell wrote:

And how about if the device I want to remove is not a device in my house but someone that somehow connected to my secured network. How do I remove it then? Or block it or whatever to stop them from connecting to my network? :smileyhappy: TY

Hi snssewell,

It is easy, but since you have not read the sticky BEFORE YOU POST, I can't tell you exactly.

You need to remove the Device / Computer from your Router, itself and change your SSID Signal Name and not necessary the Security Phrase. Stop broadcasting the SSID Signal Name. Use the Network Filter / Network Lock.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.
bbeets

I have a device from inside my house (an X-Box) that is an intruder and connects to my network. When I disconnect it, I can delete it. But when the person starts his X-Box again, it connects again even though I have listed it as an intruder.

bbeets

My Network Magic Version is 5.5.9195.0-Pure0.LinksysRouterSetup.

LinkSys Model# WRT320N