How do you delete a device from Network Magic?

How do you delete a device from Network Magic?

Re: How do you delete a device from Network Magic?

Hi, make sure your device is not connected, then right click on it and select remove.
My Cisco Network Magic Configuration:
Router: D-Link WBR-2310 A1 FW:1.04, connected to Comcast High Speed Internet
Desktop, iMac: NM is on the Windows Partition, using Boot camp to access Windows, Windows 7 Pro 32-bit RTM, Broadcom Wireless N Card, McAfee Personal Firewall 2009,
Mac Partition of the iMac is using Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
Laptop: Windows XP Pro SP3, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, McAfee Personal Firewall 2008

Please note that though I am a beta tester for Network Magic, I am not a employee of Linksys/Cisco and am volunteering my time here to help other NM users.

And how about if the device I want to remove is not a device in my house but someone that somehow connected to my secured network. How do I remove it then? Or block it or whatever to stop them from connecting to my network? Smiley Happy TY

snssewell wrote:

And how about if the device I want to remove is not a device in my house but someone that somehow connected to my secured network. How do I remove it then? Or block it or whatever to stop them from connecting to my network? Smiley Happy TY

Hi snssewell,

It is easy, but since you have not read the sticky BEFORE YOU POST, I can't tell you exactly.

You need to remove the Device / Computer from your Router, itself and change your SSID Signal Name and not necessary the Security Phrase. Stop broadcasting the SSID Signal Name. Use the Network Filter / Network Lock.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.

I have a device from inside my house (an X-Box) that is an intruder and connects to my network. When I disconnect it, I can delete it. But when the person starts his X-Box again, it connects again even though I have listed it as an intruder.

My Network Magic Version is 5.5.9195.0-Pure0.LinksysRouterSetup.

LinkSys Model# WRT320N