Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Josshiga

Network Magic License key

I purchased a linksys router, and It came with that software, and It says to install it on my computer, the only problem is that I cant find the activation key anywhere, in the box it doesnt says is a trial version, so I dont know If I have to purchase the software too, or, the activation key is somewhere in the box, could someone explain me ? 

Administrator
24JUAN80

Re: Network Magic License key

Welcome to the Cisco Home Community.

Click on Help->About Network Magic and you'll see there if its the Free version, Essentials or Pro.

Though Im more inclined to assume that the bundled NM you have is only a Free Version.

You can go to this link to purchase the Pro or Essentials version.

http://www.purenetworks.com/product

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thecreator

Re: Network Magic License key

Josshiga wrote:

I purchased a linksys router, and It came with that software, and It says to install it on my computer, the only problem is that I cant find the activation key anywhere, in the box it doesnt says is a trial version, so I dont know If I have to purchase the software too, or, the activation key is somewhere in the box, could someone explain me ? 

Hi Josshiga,

By buying a Linksys Router, you have the right to use Network Magic in its Free Version. Please note, it you buy the Network Magic Professional 5.5 Version, it may not run in the new Windows 8 Version, because new versions aren't being developed. It does work in the 32-Bit and 64-Bit version of Windows 7 Versions.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.