cccook1

Network Magic Pro 5.5 Activation

I bought Network Magic Pro 5.5 online via the trial version's link and received an activation license key via e-mail. That key does not work and am getting a message saying it is not valid. Is Cisco having server issues again preventing the activation? Any insight or help is much appreciated.

Chris

cccook1

Re: Network Magic Pro 5.5 Activation

UPDATED:

Your Network Magic Version installed: 5.5.9195.0-Pure0.LinksysRouterSetup
The type of connection to the Internet: Fiber Optic via phone company 20Mbps
The Brand of Modem and its Model Number the router is connected to: No modem. direct ethernet into router from fiber jack at wall.
The Brand, Model, Hardware Revision of your Router and include the Firmware Version: Linksys WRT610N
The Method of connection your problem computer has to the Router: Wireless.
The Connection in use on the problem computer: Ethernet Port
Operating system and version and Service Pack Level, if any: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Software Firewall in use: Norton 360 Premier Edition Version: 3.5.2.11
Also if any Anti-Virus Program or Spyware Program is actively protecting your computer. (Some Programs like Spybot does cause problems, not being able to go to specific sites.): Nothing other than Norton
Include your location in the post or fill out your Profile for this forum and include the location. (Reason: Not all Routers from a given manufacturer are available everywhere.)
Post the link to your Router Model, if an off-brand Router or not found in the USA on the Manufacturer's USA's Website. (Why? Posters helping each other, aren't working for Pure Networks or Network Magic, so make it easier on the posters helping on.)
thecreator

cccook1 wrote:

I bought Network Magic Pro 5.5 online via the trial version's link and received an activation license key via e-mail. That key does not work and am getting a message saying it is not valid. Is Cisco having server issues again preventing the activation? Any insight or help is much appreciated.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Since you have Norton installed, make sure that Vista's Firewall is off and you allow FullAccess going through the Norton Firewall for Network Magic.

Make sure when you pasted the key, you did not having a leading Space.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.
cccook1

Vista Firewall is disabled with Norton. I tried suspending the Norton firewall while entering the key and also set Norton to "allow" for the Network Magic program, both with negative results. I also made sure there were no leading zeros while entering the key both manually and copy/paste method.
thecreator

cccook1 wrote:
Vista Firewall is disabled with Norton. I tried suspending the Norton firewall while entering the key and also set Norton to "allow" for the Network Magic program, both with negative results. I also made sure there were no leading zeros while entering the key both manually and copy/paste method.

Hi Chris,

Call Network Magic Support:

Support Hours:
By phone: 888-812-9402
Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Pacific Time
Sat-Sun, 11am-4pm Pacific Time
(We're closed on most US national holidays.) 

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.
orerockon

I have been around the bend with tech support for ana ctivation issue with 5.5. pro. I can activate it on my desktop where I installed the first copy (Win 7 64 bit) but not any of my other PCs (Win 7 64 bit laptop and XP SP2 desktop). Does anyone have a fix for the activation error that they know actually works? The copout from tech support (after taking control of 2 of my PCs) is that the web server is "down for amintenence". Yeah right, I guarentee that's their standard excuse when the activation fails. I have tried multiple times a day for close to a week and always get the connection to the licensing server" error message.

Kimchi99

There is no longer support at all for any version of Network Magic.  Cisco has taken the server offline so the product can no longer work properly.  You can download the current version of Network Magic, but cannot activate it because the server is offline. If you have this product, you are SOL.

Ron

scot2205

Yeah I found that this program isn't around anymore as well..I have been using HomeNet Manager and I really like it.  You can check it out at this link:

http://www.homenetmanager.com