Accepted Solution

Network Magic Pro Trial, ALERTS + Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 (KIS2011)

Am evaluating programs features and feasibility....looks good. BUT got several alerts for firewall, antivirus, antispyware and Win7 automatic updates. KIS2011 has a firewall, antivirus and antispyware features that are turned on and working. Does the program not recognize KIS2011? Also have Windows Update set to alert me but not auto d/l and am getting that alert. I figured how to turn these alerts off but why no recognition of KIS even though Win7 Action Center acknowledges KIS's firewall,antivirus and antispyware are turned on!!

Re: Network Magic Pro Trial, ALERTS + Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 (KIS2011)

kcbear wrote:

Am evaluating programs features and feasibility....looks good. BUT got several alerts for firewall, antivirus, antispyware and Win7 automatic updates. KIS2011 has a firewall, antivirus and antispyware features that are turned on and working. Does the program not recognize KIS2011? Also have Windows Update set to alert me but not auto d/l and am getting that alert. I figured how to turn these alerts off but why no recognition of KIS even though Win7 Action Center acknowledges KIS's firewall,antivirus and antispyware are turned on!!

Hi kcbear ,

Choose to Fix Alert and then Ignore the Alert. Network Magic is not being Supported as far as New Versions go.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.

Re: Network Magic Pro Trial, ALERTS + Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 (KIS2011)

From searching and reading forum I surmised the programs upgrade demise!

Tried calling a listed 800# but was not valid....IS THERE ALSO NO LONGER PHONE SUPPORT?

Is the community forum only method of support?

Guess I'm glad the program is still available for newbs like me because it does make network setup easy.

Just trying to understand what I'm paying $40 for and getting in return.

Glad you and other "tech/program" savy users are available.

TXS Creator!