Madrona
Accepted Solution

Remove "Network Magic Folders" from my desktop?

Is there a way to remove the "Network Magic Folders" icon from my desktop?  I do not see a need for this there, and do not like a cluttered desktop.

Thanks!

thecreator

Re: Remove "Network Magic Folders" from my desktop?

Madrona wrote:

Is there a way to remove the "Network Magic Folders" icon from my desktop?  I do not see a need for this there, and do not like a cluttered desktop.

Thanks!

Hi Madrona,

Yes, Open Network Magic. Click Tools. Click Options. Enter Password. Check Hide Network Magic Folders desktop icon(Windows XP and later) and click OK.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.
Madrona

Thanks!  That worked.  :smileyhappy:

kroorda

Creator:

I am another Networks Magic user who wanted to remove the N.M Folders Icon.   Thanks so much for your help.   It was driving me nuts having an icon on my desktop that was of no use to me. I would have never been able to remove it without your help. Thanks again! Kent

RulingMagi

Thanks. I can't believe that Cisco wouldn't just make it easy to remove by right clicking icon and select remove, but there is always someone out there programming that should not be programming! If anyone else is looking for this solution please leave a response so Cisco can make an easier (user friendly) program.