LynneToo

network magic license key

DI 524   D-link router  has been installed for about 4 years with network magic.   Network magic came with the installation.    last week or so, I had a popup for a new version, and clicked try/update instead of cancel by mistake..  well now I can't connect as the trial is up and request license key or purchase.     No license key under Help..  where can I find key?      put the install cd in to see if it was on there in the network magic install folder..  won't open as it says I have a newer version.    Where or can I go to remove update?...so I'll be back to my old working version?

HP with Windows XP

Went to uninstall Magic...  warned me to disable through protections before doing so..   blank!    

This old grandma is pulling her hair out.   Connecting on dial up right now..  will check back later.   Thanks for any help you can offer

Lynne

thecreator

Re: network magic license key

LynneToo wrote:

DI 524   D-link router  has been installed for about 4 years with network magic.   Network magic came with the installation.    last week or so, I had a popup for a new version, and clicked try/update instead of cancel by mistake..  well now I can't connect as the trial is up and request license key or purchase.     No license key under Help..  where can I find key?      put the install cd in to see if it was on there in the network magic install folder..  won't open as it says I have a newer version.    Where or can I go to remove update?...so I'll be back to my old working version?

HP with Windows XP

Went to uninstall Magic...  warned me to disable through protections before doing so..   blank!    

This old grandma is pulling her hair out.   Connecting on dial up right now..  will check back later.   Thanks for any help you can offer

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Did you ever buy the version of Network Magic that came with your D-Link Router? If not, I assume that you have been always usiing the Free Version of Network Magic.

If this is the case, I would suggest that you go into Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Network Magic and reboot.

Use Explore and remove the following folder and its sub-folders:

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pure Networks

\Program Files\Pure Networks (Windows XP operating systems)

Still using Explore manually clean out your \Temp Folders. Run Disk Cleanup.

Reboot. Make sure that you are connected to the Router.

Reinstall Network Magic that came on the CD, that was included with your Router.

This version does not have a Key that I remember and just checked with a DI-624 Router.

The paid versions of Network Magic do require that you buy the Upgrade. Then they issue you a key.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.
LynneToo

Thanks so much for your help.    I will try that..

really is strange as I mentioned, it did come with my router and has been running for a good 4 years..

Thanks again,

Lynne

LynneToo

oops sorry...  no I didn't buy it..  have just been using the version that came with the router.

Thanks again..

Lynne