mfendt

network magic wont install after uninstall

After I uninstalled network magic so I could do a clean install network magic keeps telling me that the current version is already installed and will not continue with install. Can you help? HP pavillion laptop, vista
AugieD369

Re: network magic wont install after uninstall

Hi, did you also uninstall the Platform service?
My Cisco Network Magic Configuration:
Router: D-Link WBR-2310 A1 FW:1.04, connected to Comcast High Speed Internet
Desktop, iMac: NM is on the Windows Partition, using Boot camp to access Windows, Windows 7 Pro 32-bit RTM, Broadcom Wireless N Card, McAfee Personal Firewall 2009,
Mac Partition of the iMac is using Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
Laptop: Windows XP Pro SP3, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, McAfee Personal Firewall 2008

Please note that though I am a beta tester for Network Magic, I am not a employee of Linksys/Cisco and am volunteering my time here to help other NM users.
thecreator

mfendt wrote:
After I uninstalled network magic so I could do a clean install network magic keeps telling me that the current version is already installed and will not continue with install. Can you help? HP pavillion laptop, vista

Hi mfendt,

Did you reboot after you uninstall Network Magic? What version of Network Magic did you uninstall? What version of Network Magic are you trying to reinstall?

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.
mfendt

Thanks for the replies. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the current version. I did reboot after uninstall and I did remove the platform service. I currently do not have this issue as I upgraded to windows 7 and did a clean install, when I installed networkmagic I did not experience any issues with the installation. However I still have the original issue I was having with a duplicate pc showing up on the map and I'm not able to delete it as there is no option for removing it from the map, it has a different IP address and mac address than the duplicate. I also did a windows 7 upgrade on this pc and the pc names are now different, 1 is the new name and the other is the old name before windows 7 upgrade. This laptop is connected to an HP docking station with a wired network connection, don't know if this could be part of problem but it doesn't change anything if I disconnect it and use wireless connection. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
thecreator

mfendt wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the current version. I did reboot after uninstall and I did remove the platform service. I currently do not have this issue as I upgraded to windows 7 and did a clean install, when I installed networkmagic I did not experience any issues with the installation. However I still have the original issue I was having with a duplicate pc showing up on the map and I'm not able to delete it as there is no option for removing it from the map, it has a different IP address and mac address than the duplicate. I also did a windows 7 upgrade on this pc and the pc names are now different, 1 is the new name and the other is the old name before windows 7 upgrade. This laptop is connected to an HP docking station with a wired network connection, don't know if this could be part of problem but it doesn't change anything if I disconnect it and use wireless connection. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi mfendt,

Uninstall Network Magic and removed all remaining Files and sub-folders in the following folders:

Uninstall Network Magic. Reboot.

Use Explore and remove the following folder and its sub-folders:

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pure Networks

\Program Files\Pure Networks

Still using Explore manually clean out your \Temp Folders. Run Disk Cleanup.

Reboot. Make sure that you are connected to the Router.

Shutdown the computer.

Go to your other computers and remove the Computers from the Network Map. Once removed from all computers,

Reinstall Network Magic.

thecreator - Running Network Magic version -5.5..9195.0-Pure0 on Windows XP Home Edition SP 3
Running Network Magic version -5.5.9195.0-Pure0 on Wireless Computer with McAfee Personal Firewall Build 11.5.131 Wireless Computer has D-Link DWA-552 connecting to D-Link DIR-655 A3 Router.