Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cmoschip

NAS 200 - SMTP and Download manager

[ Edited ]
Couple of questions if anyone can help.

1 - the SMTP config wants the port but never the host I will relay through?  Does it send to the routr on the local segment by default?  I want to have the alerts tell me if there is a disk failure but it doesn't look like the setup should work?

2 - Download manager - how do you access this to submit a job?  I must be overlooking something - I can't find anything in the documentation about submitting or creating a job.

Thanks!

***EDIT*** Ok, the Download Manager wasn't enbaled in the system options - ignore that one!

Message Edited by cmoschip on 08-04-2007 05:38 PM
gvaughn

Re: NAS 200 - SMTP and Download manager

I believe that you only have to select the SMTP port you want the email address alert to use. The provided email address will now receive all detected problem from the NAS.
Gwhite

I'm planning on getting an NAS200 to replace my EFG120, which is filling up.  I could never get the email alerts to work on the EFG, but I don't recall that it had the Port option.  Is there a way to send a test message from the NAS200?  That would make debugging this a lot easier.

I think part of the issue is that I have it on a home network, and any email would have to go out to my ISP & come back.  I don't have an email server/system internal to my network.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get this to work? 

Thanks!
kasoy

it seems that it will only send email alerts when its experiencing problems. As long as the NAS200 is connected to a network with Internet access, email alerts should work.
cmoschip

Thanks!   I found where I had to enable the download manager.   Sounds like it just looks up the mx record for the domain then - good deal.  Wish there was a way to test it.  :smileysad:
RemoteAccess

There is a way to test this feature...Simply fill up the drive with data and set the alert to send when drive is almost full. This is located under the DISK UTILITY section, under DISK FULL.....Set it to 2% The feature is called===> "Send e-mail Alert when Disk Available Capacity is less than 2%" I tried the "shutdown" feature since the EFG80 used to send email when it shutdown, but this doesnt work with the NAS200 I'll try this in the next few days and examine the packets to see what it does for an mail server. Without a server to specify, I'm doubtful this will work for most folks