Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jooops
Accepted Solution

NSLU2 - No ip address, no connection possible

Hi,

I've succesfully flashed unslung 6.10 on my NSLU2. After unslinging this thing to make it possible to boot from HDD and install more packages it stopped getting an ip adress. After pulling out the disk and trying too reformat it in Ubuntu (vmware) the NSLU2 still didn't get an ip address. it's not the router, already checked that. 

It's totaly not possible to get it in update mode. (sidenote: i never was able to get a red light. only green and orange). But upgrade mode by holding reset button does not work.

The led's are okay, ready/status = green and ethernet = green too. 

How can i restore the NSLU2 to atleast get an ipaddress? Or am i doomed and need to fix it with a JTAG? (Hope not)...

Thanks in advance,

Joop

oliverb

Re: NSLU2 - No ip address, no connection possible

Its worth noting that the status LED is a yellow-green type not red-green on some units, meaning that instead of a red you just have two shades of orange to look for. Also I think the timing with the reset button was fairly critical and it may have reverted to default IP.

jooops

hi,

there is no notible change between the orange color and the so called brighter orange color. So if there is a way to get it in redboot update mode i should be able to press the reset button for 7 or 10 seconds and it will enter the mode. But there is no change in color.

And what about the default ip adress? if the device has a (default) ip adres how come i don't see on my router with connected devices?(network)

please help..

jooops

UPDATE:

I think i can get in in redbootmode now. i see a slightly little change in color. yellow/darker orange. but the main problem is still, i can't find it in my network. no ipadress is given. (not a router problem, tested this with other devices). 

so when in Redbootmode, how can i get the NSLU2 to get an ip address?? 

dibbler

Try connecting the drive to a computer with an Ethernet cable. Set a static IP on the computer (192.168.1.x). Then try to ping the default IP address of NSLU2. Once you get a reply. You could login to the web interface.