ajinooo
Accepted Solution

NSLU2 - Vista, accessing drives

Hi there, can someone help me out?  I've managed to set up my NSLU2 and my Vista has detected the drive through Network Places.  However, when I try to access the drive, it keeps on saying password and username do not match etc.  I can access the drives easily using my XP computer.  Can someone help??

JJ

dibbler

Re: NSLU2 - Vista, accessing drives

When you try to access your NSLU2 from your Vista Computer, Does it prompts you for the Username and the Password. Are you sure you are using the Right Username and Password which accessing your NSLU2.
kevj

[ Edited ]

Try this fix for Vista to get it to work with Samba correctly...

Message Edited by kevj on 06-13-2009 11:35 PM
-------------------------------------
Tomato 1.25vpn3.4 (SgtPepperKSU MOD) on a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
D-Link DSM-320 (Wired)
Wii (Wireless) - PS3 (Wired), PSP (Wireless) - XBox360 (Wired)
SonyBDP-S360 (Wired)
Linksys NSLU2 Firmware Unslung 6.10 Beta unslung to a 2Gb thumb, w/1 Maxtor OneTouch III 200Gb
IOmega StorCenter ix2 1TB NAS
Linksys WVC54G w/FW V2.12EU
and assorted wired and wireless PCs and laptops
ajinooo

Hi Dibbler,

Yep I used the correct username and password - the same password and username when i try on my XP computer which lets me access the drives on the NSLU2.

Kev, thanks for the link - i will try that out later today - fingers crossed!  I take it SAMBA is similar to the system on the NSLU2?  I've never heard of it but I trust it is correct.

JJ

kevj

The NSLU2 runs a Linux OS, which uses a SAMBA daemon to enable access by Microsoft OS clients (and others) using SMB (Server Message Block) protocol.
-------------------------------------
Tomato 1.25vpn3.4 (SgtPepperKSU MOD) on a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
D-Link DSM-320 (Wired)
Wii (Wireless) - PS3 (Wired), PSP (Wireless) - XBox360 (Wired)
SonyBDP-S360 (Wired)
Linksys NSLU2 Firmware Unslung 6.10 Beta unslung to a 2Gb thumb, w/1 Maxtor OneTouch III 200Gb
IOmega StorCenter ix2 1TB NAS
Linksys WVC54G w/FW V2.12EU
and assorted wired and wireless PCs and laptops
ajinooo

Thank you Kev!!  It worked!!

JJ

pdenny

I tried the latest firmware update.  The HD is now reported in the network utility but it does not show up under My Computer or Network.  I am one step closer but this has taken so long with such poor communication from Linksys that I ordered 2 Netgear  WNDR3700 units.  I still plan to continue contacting Linksys until I resolve this matter.  Hope the rest of you have better results with the new firmware.
phoenixke

Hi there! You'll not find the solution here - I did not too. The error is caused by NTLM Policy in Vista and Win7. The solution can be found here: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-account-administration/8241-map-network-drive-fails-user-password.html

Hope it helps, Gerald.

workingstiff

I have a problem thats close.

First off my two Windows 7 machines re set up and working. I have had the nslu2 since XP.

I just got this Fuji Life B ook. SO far everuything has gone well with it's Vista OS.

It can see the LSLU2 on the Net Map. However it ison the side. It also only see'e it as a unit with a web site access it does not see or allow me to open to the drives. Tus i cannot map the drives.

SO why is this vista devise looking at the NSLU2 differently?