mix111
Accepted Solution

NSLU2 cannot map or browse Disk2

Hi,

I have recently bought an NSLU2 and connected two HD drives on it. With Disk1 there is no problem. I can connect on it, map it as a network drive and access it. But when I try to map Disk2, this disk does not appear in the browse tree. Moreover,when I connect to the NSLU2 through the web interface I cannot choose to make shares on Disk2 because the drop down menu does not give me the choice to do so (it has only Disk1 to choose). At the "Home" page of the web interface the "USB Port 1(Public Data)" is a link and I can browse in Disk1, but the "USB Port 2(Public Data)" is not an active link so I have no access from there as well. Disk2 is properly formatted via the NSLU2. Also, I have configured Disk1 to backup itself on Disk2 and this seems to work ok (according to the log file). I am an XP user. Have I skipped anything important? Any ideas are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Mix

kevj

Re: NSLU2 cannot map or browse Disk2

If you use one disk as a backup of the other, I beleive it is unavailable for any other functions, such as browsing or mapping of drives. Any data that you had on Disk 2 before the first backup of Disk 1 is gone, as (per the user manual, and in the GUI) the backup completely overwrites the data on the target.

-------------------------------------
Tomato 1.25vpn3.4 (SgtPepperKSU MOD) on a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
D-Link DSM-320 (Wired)
Wii (Wireless) - PS3 (Wired), PSP (Wireless) - XBox360 (Wired)
SonyBDP-S360 (Wired)
Linksys NSLU2 Firmware Unslung 6.10 Beta unslung to a 2Gb thumb, w/1 Maxtor OneTouch III 200Gb
IOmega StorCenter ix2 1TB NAS
Linksys WVC54G w/FW V2.12EU
and assorted wired and wireless PCs and laptops
mix111

Re: NSLU2 cannot map or browse Disk2

Thank you very much. This is correct! Now that I have disabled the backup option, I am able to browse and map Disk 2.