Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
buffer04

NSS6000 we cant read or write in a important folder. Permissions corrupted?

Hi,

We have a NSS6000 integrated with AD, but have a problem with a folder. 

At the security properties of this folder appear that the creator owner is:

-2 (Unix User\-2)
-2 (Unix Group\-2)

Only appear this user and this group in the security properties of the folder and its impossible to read or write with any user. How can i recovery the data in that folder?. With the administrator count of the AD its imposible to access.

How can i change the creator owner? or any metod for read the data...

Could i access to the NSS via SSH or telnet for change the R/W permissions?.

Thanks.

profitshare

Re: NSS6000 we cant read or write in a important folder. Permissions corrupted?

[ Edited ]

Since nss is integrated with AD, I believe you can only change and create users from domain.

I believe you can't access nss6000 through ssh. Unless if there is an option on the user interface to enable it.

Changing permisions and folders you may check this link:

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=15372&p_created=1186...

Hope this help.

Message Edited by profitshare on 03-25-2010 10:52 AM
svtlsvpsi

Re: NSS6000 we can't read or write in a important folder. Permissions corrupted?

I have similar problem, I have NSS6000 integrated with AD and someone have changed permissions for some folders inside share (using windows security), strange is that I'm not able change it back by using domain admin account.... I'm not able change owner of the folder too...

Can any body help me?

JOHNDOE_06

Re: NSS6000 we can't read or write in a important folder. Permissions corrupted?

svtlsvpsi wrote:

I have similar problem, I have NSS6000 integrated with AD and someone have changed permissions for some folders inside share (using windows security), strange is that I'm not able change it back by using domain admin account.... I'm not able change owner of the folder too...

Can any body help me?

Dear svtlsvpsi,

All new Small Business discussions including the model of your network storage device have been migrated to the Cisco Small Business Support Community. All existing Small Business discussions have been archived here for reference.  We have made these changes to best serve all Cisco customers now and in the future. 

Please visit the Cisco Small Business Support Community Welcome Page created specifically for Linksys and Linksys by Cisco community members.

Thank you!