Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Romio
Accepted Solution

Nas200 missing cd

is there a website where I can download the cd that came with the nas200. I seemed to missplaced mine while moving to a new house.
foofoouk

Re: Nas200 missing cd

You can get the latest firmware, set up wizard and user/install guides from here: http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/NAS200/download

I'm guessing that is all that is on the CD?

Romio

Thnx.

I looked at the site numerous times and couldn't find the download link only the firmware link. 

Need some new glasses. 

Carrot

Download Setup Wizard 18.9 MB...Also you should download the User Guide from here to configure the NAS200...
Romio

Thnx, I've already downloaded the file.

On the dutch linksys site, the download wasn't properly labeled. It said firmware where is should say setup.

iotechtr

thanks

Nick328

Hi

I have a NAS 200 and I require the setup wizzard.

The download links are not working.

Can you please post some working links for me to follow?

Thanks

Cheers

Nick328

jac_goudsmit

After about 10 seconds of browsing through the linksysbycisco.com website I found the following link: http://homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/NAS200-Setup.zip

===Jac

--------

Frequent NAS200 Answers:
1. DISABLE the "convert failed logins to guest logins" option to fix permission problems.
2. NEVER insert or remove hard disks while the power is on. NAS200 doesn't support hot swapping.
3. ALWAYS use the power button to turn the NAS200 off, don't just unplug it.
4. Don't trust RAID. Make BACKUPS!
5. To ACCESS the disks directly, you will need ext2 and/or XFS file systems. I recommend using SystemRescueCD.
6. Disks will get HOT with standard fan, use "green" disks or consider replacing the fan.
7. FTP server is insecure and doesn't work behind a NAT router. Use my firmware and SCP instead.
8. MY FIRMWARE supports SSH shell prompt and SCP for secure file access, and allows running other software.

The link provided above is incorrect - it shouldn't have the ,0 in the name, click on or copy and paste this link. It's actually been tested prior to my placing it on this site...

http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/downloads/NAS200-Setup.zip

jac_goudsmit

[ Edited ]

203011068 wrote:

The link provided above is incorrect - it shouldn't have the ,0 in the name, click on or copy and paste this link. It's actually been tested prior to my placing it on this site...

I don't know if you were referring to my link (no ",0" anywhere) but I tested it and it worked, and I just tested it again and it still works, and so does yours.

Using Firefox 3.6.6.

===Jac

--------

Frequent NAS200 Answers:
1. DISABLE the "convert failed logins to guest logins" option to fix permission problems.
2. NEVER insert or remove hard disks while the power is on. NAS200 doesn't support hot swapping.
3. ALWAYS use the power button to turn the NAS200 off, don't just unplug it.
4. Don't trust RAID. Make BACKUPS!
5. To ACCESS the disks directly, you will need ext2 and/or XFS file systems. I recommend using SystemRescueCD.
6. Disks will get HOT with standard fan, use "green" disks or consider replacing the fan.
7. FTP server is insecure and doesn't work behind a NAT router. Use my firmware and SCP instead.
8. MY FIRMWARE supports SSH shell prompt and SCP for secure file access, and allows running other software.