uhaulkid

i was wondering if the nas200 hs been upgraded from way back wheni got it then stuck it in the drawer since only one person/pc could access it at a time, ?USELESS....has that been addressed? can more then one pc access it at a time now? i want to set it behind my 610n and have my datat disks stored there for two pcs but therres times when both us need to access it at same time...can we? mapped that is?

scrooge

Re: nas200

The USB port on the router can be used to connect an external USB hard drive or flash disk. Computers that are connected to the network will be able to access the Shared Drive if they have login credentials such as admin or guest.

NOTE: Before connecting your external USB hard disk to the router’s USB port, make sure your hard disk is already formatted in either NTFS or FAT32 file system using your computer to avoid any difficulties.

Here is the link Setting up the Storage feature: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=e10c7ddf8a62437ca973138d861c545b_17419.xml&pid=80&...

bohochic323

Guess it's time to buy a new access storage?

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken."
uhaulkid

i wasnt asking for help on setting up the router which is spotty at best with hd hooked up to uit. i get booted and cant connect and copy files more ofthen then i can do it. i was asking can one person be in the nas200 at a time still or is there an upgrade that willo allow more then one to be using the nas at a time? i want to set it up where three computers all use it but there are times when all three need access to sme files same time?

bohochic323

How long have you owned that NAS200?  can you check if the firmware is up to date?  go to the web UI, Administration and scroll down to the system status.  the Firmware version should be there. :smileyhappy: 

Not sure what the latest firmware version is as I couldn't find it here:

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/linksys/NAS200

But... you can try CNET.com for the firmware upgrade file.  You just need to back up your files first before you do the whole upgrade process so you don't lose any of the files you have (most people forget to backup their files and end up blaming Cisco for losing them).  

Once you have upgraded, try resetting the router, then reconnect and reconfigure again.)  

Hope that helps. 

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken."