Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
afcafc

CIT400 Linksys phone does not sign in with TIME CAPSULE...

Hi, need some help.

I have a Linksys CIT400 iphone and just installed a TIME CAPSULE router.  Before that, when I was using a generic router it was working fine but now I see the base station and the router seem to interact but I cant't login into skype from the handset.   Please give me some hints, I could not find anything on the archive section.

ARCHANGEL_06

Re: CIT400 Linksys phone does not sign in with TIME CAPSULE...

I don't think it's much of a problem with the CIT400 you probably have already figured that out. But just like any voice connection you might need to open ports on your router before it works. You should call them (apple) for that.

"Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard in tin foil.."-ARCHANGEL_06
afcafc

tks for your answer. will try doing that.   is there any reference material on the cit400 where I can see where to configure the ports if it comes to that?

ARCHANGEL_06

SIP uses 5060 - 5061,but it depends on what was set on your phone connection and router.

some are listed here

http://www.packetizer.com/in/q119.html

I also found some ports here

SIP signaling: Ports 5060 to 5070

RTP audio: Ports 8766 to 35000

consult your router and phone manual for forwarding ports and setting static IP's on your CIT400 as well

"Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard in tin foil.."-ARCHANGEL_06
afcafc

hi again....  tried apple to no avail... any tutorial i could follow to try and set it uyp on my own? tks to all in advance.

afcafc

again tks. will try to figure it out.