05-29-2012 12:01 AM
You need to know the ip address of the 2wire gateway and also the wireless network name and the wireless security type and password. Once you have all of those you need to do the following steps.
Since the first attempt was not successful
1. Reset the Wet610N for 30 seconds (make sure that the powerlight will flash when you push the reset button)
2. Connect the Wet610N to your 2wire gateway with an ethernet cable.
3. Access your gateway's administration page and check if it is detecting the WEt610n and take note of it's ip address.
4. Once you have the ip address of the WET610N, open the userinterface of the WET610N and configure the wireless settings on it first.
5. Click to this link to know how to configure the wireless settings manually:
6. Once done configuring the wireless settings, I suggest that you set static ip address or manually configure the ip address on it so that it would be easier to find the WET610N afterwads.
Click this link to know how;
05-29-2012 06:21 PM
If the issue still persists then you could try making some setting in the 2wire router to get the proper settings:
# Open up the browser and on the address bar type “IP address of the Router” that will open up the Gateway setup page.
# Make the Channel Width to 20MHz only and select the Channel to 1, 3, 6, 9, 11..
# Lower the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) from 1500 to 1400 or less (usually found on your routers main/ basic setup page).
After making the following settings then try to optimize the WET610N then check the connectivity status.