Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oliviasdad

Linksys PLK200 Powerline AV Ethernet Adapter Kit

Hi everyone, I want to know if anyone has used these PowerLine AV Ethernet adapters, and whether or not you think it would work with my VOIP phone... I'm going to be using at Comdial CONVERSip EP300 Voice IP Endpoint...pretty straightforward phone... Setting up my home office, and have no ability to get actual ethernet cables from my home LAN to the office...all is wireless, except for this phone, which does require a CAT5 cable attach to it... According to Linksys, VOIP should NOT be a problem with these devices, but I'd like to know if anyone has used them yet... Thanks, Olivias Dad
hw
hw

Re: Linksys PLK200 Powerline AV Ethernet Adapter Kit

I haven't used the Linksys product but I have used competing Netgear and AirLink101 products. They work for voip (and high speed internet). My experience is that you need to plug them directly into a wall socket. If you put them on a power strip that has a surge protector they won't work. They are easy to setup. You just plug them into the wall socket. The power generally needs to be coming from the same common electrical source.

You can also extend a network using a wireless signal using an access point client, or bridge function capability that you see in many "access point" products including those from Linksys.
Oliviasdad

When you say "coming from the same common electrical source"...what do you mean? I'd plug one in at an outlet near my router & cable modem in the basement, and the other one would plug in on the first floor where my VOIP phone will go. They will be on the same circuits I believe...I just have one electical panel with circuit breakers in the basement....I don't have seperate circuits set up for like a workshop or anything outside of the normal home electrical set up...
hw
hw

The way you describe it, it should work.
alrossi

I am trying to use the Powerline AV (PLE200) with an iMac so the setup cd doesn't work. Got the power and ethernet lights on but not the middle powerline light. Anyone now how to install this on an iMac?