Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
fromjim

PoE to IP Camera

Hi Everyone,

I am new here so please have patience, I want to install an IP camera system and need information about what I need to connect PoE cameras to my existing Cisco WRT160N router.  I believe I need some sort of switch that can connect between the camera and router and supply the correct power to the camera.  How can I be sure the cameras, switch and router are compatible? 

Thanks for any help.

God bless

Jim

Always give thanks to God.
ScarletJamie

Re: PoE to IP Camera

[ Edited ]

Hello Jim,

You can refer to this link http://www.apexcctv.com/driver.aspx?Topic=242. I hope this helps. Just forward the specific ports on the router to the ip address of the camera.

fromjim

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is very late as I read this so I will check it out tomorrow and get back to you.

God bless

Jim

ScarletJamie

fromjim wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is very late as I read this so I will check it out tomorrow and get back to you.

God bless

Jim

Yes fromjim, please do and just provide updates.  Why don't you check out this blog http://kintronics.blogspot.com/2007/01/ok-heres-rest-of-information-about.html. Maybe that will help you out.

fromjim

Thank you very much, there was a lot of good information on those sites.  One unrelated question, I see a column "Kudos" is that how we thank you, if so how do we use it to do so?

Thanks again,

God bless

Jim

ScarletJamie

fromjim wrote:

Thank you very much, there was a lot of good information on those sites.  One unrelated question, I see a column "Kudos" is that how we thank you, if so how do we use it to do so?

Thanks again,

God bless

Jim

Hi fromjim, my pleasure to help. BTW, about your question about the KUDOS, if you go back to the thread below the word registered under the username you can see a star. If you click on it, you already gave kudos to that user.

Have a great day! :womanwink:

fromjim

Sorry for the delay, it's haying time and we have had good weather so not much time for anything else, I want to thank you for all the help you have given me, I think got the Kudos right, this is an odd forum, most I have been on are much easier to get around, but it does have the most important thing, help when you need it, from people who know what they are saying.

God bless

Jim

cctvsecurepro

Hi Bro,

Did you already get the answers?