digitaldoom
Accepted Solution

USB Bluetooth v2 64-bit vista driver

I am looking for a 64-bit Vista driver for USBBT100 - Bluetooth USB Adapter

I don't even see a 64-bit XP driver.

Vista has built-in recognition of the dongle but does not enable features like a recognizing a bluetooth microphone.

Help if you can, thanks!
peanuts

Re: USB Bluetooth v2 64-bit vista driver

hi , as of now , there is no x64 driver from linksys for any products is guess.....:smileysad:
rsumner

Re: USB Bluetooth v2 64-bit vista driver- 32-bit as well

...and not only 64 bit, 32 bit as well! Linksys unable to help, and since this device does not appear in their list of Vista-enabled/ driver-available kit, I suppose that's that. Any workaround ideas anyone?
Frank404

[ Edited ]
I just got one of these, seemed like a solid design from a solid company.
But no driver support for Vista x64, or even 32bit?

MSI, Anycom and Kensington among many others are supporting this for some time now.
The Kensington bluetooth devices don't even need driver installation, they work perfectly off generic Vista drivers.

Any suggestions?

(Edited for guideline compliance. Thanks!)

Message Edited by JOHNDOE_06 on 05-29-2007 11:58 AM

Frank404

For anyone still having trouble with this adapter either under XP x64 or Vista x32/x64, I've found a driver that works perfectly.
It's an MSI driver for their 'Star Key' bluetooth adapter.

Before you install this make sure to remove all traces of previous drivers that may be installed. This can be done via right clicking the device and selecting uninstall within Device Manager.
If prompted, select delete device drivers from the system.
When this is completed for each bluetooth service, reboot the computer and disconnect your computer from the internet - This is to ensure that on system restart Windows does not download and reinstall the device and services.
Now simply run the Star Key driver installation package, reboot and reconnect the internet connection. On startup Windows may want to install a generic device, allow it to do so.
Initially if all the previous drivers were removed completely, your Linksys adapter should now work flawlessly.

You can download the MSI drivers here:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=131&prod_no=100

Note: The driver I personally installed was Star Key: WIDCOMM Bluetooth Dongle Driver for Windows Vista, version 6.0.1.3400
My Linksys Acco

driver
dillonhackett

I would like to have the vista premium driver for the dougle USB Bluetooth adaptor anyonr knows where i could find it
JoeLang6126

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! I CAN GET MY DONGLE WORKING AGAIN YIPPEE!!!!!
bstrick

I am also looking for Vista 64 bit driver for USBBT100.
Frank404

Frank404 wrote:
For anyone still having trouble with this adapter either under XP x64 or Vista x32/x64, I've found a driver that works perfectly.
It's an MSI driver for their 'Star Key' bluetooth adapter.

Before you install this make sure to remove all traces of previous drivers that may be installed. This can be done via right clicking the device and selecting uninstall within Device Manager.
If prompted, select delete device drivers from the system.
When this is completed for each bluetooth service, reboot the computer and disconnect your computer from the internet - This is to ensure that on system restart Windows does not download and reinstall the device and services.
Now simply run the Star Key driver installation package, reboot and reconnect the internet connection. On startup Windows may want to install a generic device, allow it to do so.
Initially if all the previous drivers were removed completely, your Linksys adapter should now work flawlessly.

You can download the MSI drivers here:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=131&prod_no=100

Note: The driver I personally installed was Star Key: WIDCOMM Bluetooth Dongle Driver for Windows Vista, version 6.0.1.3400

FRESH LINK for MSI driver download: http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=131&prod_no=101