Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
TVining

WET 610 N problems

I have a WET610N bridge, and it CONSTANTLY loses connection.  The html interface works, and the status says connected, but the wireless light on the front does not illuminate and I can't find the device.

When I run the setup utility, everything works fine, but as soon as I get it off the wired network and take it to where it needs to operate, no wireless light.  YES, I have a 100% signal (only 20 feet away, through a drywall and stud wall.)

I actually took the pc in that room, set it up, and it worked for 2 days once.

Alas, once again, I have been taken by Linksys.  Another networking product that doesn't work.

oook

Re: WET 610 N problems

Hmmmm well i feel your WET610N needs to be resetted and re-configured all the settings on it again. Go to website linksysbycisco.com/downloads.........insert model no of your WET in serach tab......select proper version of your WET........download the firmware file......save that file on desktop.

Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware on the device : -
Open an Internet Explorer browser page on a computer hard wired to the router.....Leave the username blank & in password use admin in lower case...Click on the 'Administration' tab- Then click on the 'Firmware Upgrade' sub tab- Here click on 'Browse' and browse the .bin firmware file and click on "Upgrade"...Wait for few seconds until it shows that "Upgrade is successful"  After the firmware upgrade, click on "Reboot" and you will be returned back to the same page OR it will say "Page cannot be displayed".

Now reset your WET :
Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your WET, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your WET......

TVining

The wet610n is a bridge, not a router.  there is no hardwiring it to the pc.

Thanks for another canned response.

Zalman

I have the same problem. I was running my WRT600N router in WPA-PSK/AES with a wga600n and it worked fine. I purchased a WET610N and configured WPA-PSK, but it doesn't have an option for TKIP or AES. It didn't like AES and would only work when the wrt600n router was set to TKIP. But the WGA600N wasn't connecting when setting it to TKIP. Even after a hard reset and setting the WGA600N to TKIP, it wouldn't connect. The only way the could both connect, was to set the wrt600N router to WPA2/AES. The WET610N gave me the option to set TKIP or AES in WPA, unlike WPA. Now when i'm downloading with the WEt610N it drops out after some time..

I originally had the WRT600N router connected wirelessly to the WGA600N, which connected to a switch and then to my pc. The connection never dropped out between the WRT600N and the WGA600N. But when I replaced the WGA600N with the WET610N, the dropouts occured. The WGA600N is no solely used for my xbox360 now and it works perfectly with no drop outs.

bob_b

Yes, there is if you connect your bridge to your pc using a cross over ethernet cable or a hub/switch.

I think that the point was that you will have difficultly uploading any update or connecting to the web GUI using wireless if the wireless is flaky, no?

bob_b

It takes two sides to have a connection.  You make no mention of what sort of access point/router you might be using.  Have you confirmed that the access point/router is functioning correctly using a different device?
mickoner

[ Edited ]

"If no DHCP server is found, then the Bridge will use its default static IP address, 169.254.1.250" You don't need a crossover cable or hub, a regular patch cord from pc to the bridge's ethernet port will work just fine.

But, mine is still dropping the wireless--connected to a WRT160Nv2--intermittently thoughout the day, and my firmware is up-to-date.

kevmeist

I've seen the same type of thing also.

My WET610N will work for a month or more (the firmware is current on it). I use a WRT610N router (that firmware is current). The laptop and netbook don't lose their connection to the router but the WET610N does "randomly". The first sign that I see (my wife's desktop uses the WET610N which is 2 floors above the basement where the router and my PC is) is that my Windows Home Server cannot run the overnight backup. My wife will often not check her email for days but the WHS backup runs every night.

All I have to to fix this is run the WET610N setup program again (hardwired to the router) and plug the WET610N back into her desktop. Al this of course is 8 flights of stairs to achieve. I tried to warn her that wireless from 2 floors away "might" be flaky and that my wired Gb connection to my desktop is NEVER flaky...but NOOOO. Oh well.

I would like to understand WHY the WET610N loses the connection but I know of no diagnostics for it...anybody know of any??

Kevin

industry2m

You guys are not going crazy, there is a huge problem with these units, they've done a good job keeping all of the forums clean of posts of this unit being problematic.

We do installations for a large company and they use thousands of these units as access points. We swap them daily for customers with the same problems you guys are describing.

The problem with this unit is it broadcasts the SSID but you cannot connect to it unit the unit is power cycled. Sometimes it stops broadcasting the SSID all togehter.

This is another disappointing overpriced linksys/cisco product.

outside92129

I'm having the same issues as everyone above, even with the latest firmware. A few times per hour the WET610N will drop my connection for a minute or two, then come right back. Other devices on the access point (WRT120N) have no problems and are able to surf the web while the WET610N is down. The distance between the units is 20 ft or so, with no obstacles in the way. Clear line-of-sight, just opposite sides of the living room and no non-destructive way to pull cable.

I tried to be patient and thought there'd be a newer fix but unfortunately i was too patient and now i can't even return the unit from where i bought it. I had to do some work tonight and the random outtages were absolutely maddening, am I screwed or can Cisco/Linksys help me out with an exchange/return?

thanks,

-ls