Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
gaart62

Re: WET610N Connection Problem

I have been trying to login to my bridge using the address: 192.168.1.1 and keep getting an error message and won't let me get into the setup page.  I have tried both IE and Firefox thinking that it may be a "browser" problem; no difference.  I made sure that my firewall and anti-virus programs were turned off and still can't get into the main setup page.  Has anybody had this problem and how did you solve it??

tasjknight@mytocn.com

I have an E3000 wireless router and it is working fine.  I bought a WET610N adapter to connect my DirecTV HD DVR to the internet to download movies and such using Cinema Plus.  The conenctions were actually quote simple and I gained access within minutes.  The problem is that it loses connectivity during downloads.  The longest it has stayed connected is about 20 minutes during one of these.  I read a lot of blogs and it looks like this adapter has problems staying connected.  Many people have given up and gone to hard wired connections or using powerline ethernet adapters.  Surely Linksys support can come up with some ideas on how to make this work. 

Any ideas out there guys?

melvinmonroig

having problems connecting i just set my passwood on my router and cannot connect

grossi603

I have a Linksys WRT160N router and a Linksys WRT160N Bridge. I keep losing the conductivity between the router and the bridge. How do I solve this problem??

Renal06

I'm having similar problems.  I have to plug directly into it and use the IP assigned to it by my router (DHCP) to get into its page.  I can use it for anywhere from 20 minutes to 5 hours without a problem, but then it drops the signal with my router and I have to reboot it.  I would expect this for $30 from a no-name company, but a $125 Linksys product?  If I can't resolve this issue I may have to take it back.

Also, I read about people having trouble getting into the setup screen... I had to take one back and went through the whole diagnostic with tech support, who agreed with me that that particular unit was a bad one.

et123

I had the same problem when I could not access my new router to find IP addresses, etc. because of the access mode I had to use on the router  The online help was useless.  I discovered there is a simple solution if you know the SSID of your wireless network, security type and password.   Reset the bridge to factory settings.  Connect it by ethrnet cable to a computer which does not have internet access - at least has it disabled.  Use the computer to go to the default address of the bridge and enter the wireless settings of your wireless network.  Instructions on setting up the bridge "online" in this way are pretty clear in one of the articles on this site.  I did discover that the SSID has to be exactly right, including upper case if necessary.

pontalluna

We had to reset the router PW and have not been able to get the bridge to link up again. I have been trying for about 4 days now, and I have tried everything I have read on here. I am sitting here looking at the bridge with its wireless light showing, but it will not send a signal to the computer to complete the last step. It fails to register every time whether using the pushbutton or putting in the pin.

I hooked it up to the blue ray and manually put in all the numbers for IP, sub net, primary and secondary etc etc etc. All the lights on the bridge blink and carry on but it still will not link.

It was wroking fine and had done so in two locations in two different cities, and the setups were always easy. All that happened is the password on the routrer had to be changed and it has not linked up since.

On manual wireless setup, It does keep asking for a password configuration that is different from the original. The password is now the same as befiore, but it will not accept it. WE had a 14 digit alphanumeric before, but now the bridge will only accept 10 or 13 using numbers and a-f.

Any ideas before we throw it away and buy another brand?

Thanks

ahough

These instructions worked perfectly.  Thanks!  I was getting awesome video over the wireless network.  But then afterwards I decided to change my SSID and, of course, it no longer sees the gateway router.  Do I just go through the process again or is there a quicker way to reset it to the new SSID? 

trucougar

trying to setup my bridge but i cannot it going. I cannot get the password and username going

opheliaimmortal23

trucougar wrote:

trying to setup my bridge but i cannot it going. I cannot get the password and username going

Hi trucougar. Try the links below:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=17593

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=0c82c5881bff42558622a7f12fe48736_17600.xml&pid=80&...