rev214

WET610N will not connect to internet

I purchased the WET610N to use on my HDTV to stream Netflix via my 5GHz band, but my TV, xbox, PS3 will not work with the WET610N. The TV internet connection works with the Trendnet bridge my son uses on his xbox, but not with the WET610N.

My WET610N has been configured using the CD, IP configuration page and WPS. I have set it to use auto DHCP and static IP, with the settings matching the settings on my E4200. It connects to my local network with no problem, but will not connect to the internet. I've spent hours on the phone with Linksys support and they are unable to correct the problem. They sent me a replacement bridge (thinking the other bridge was defective), but the replacement is no different. The last tme I was on the phone with Linksys support, they told me there was nothing else they could do. Now I'm stuck with a remanufactured bridge that I cannot return to the store.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is about to make me crazy.

saber_tooth

Re: WET610N will not connect to internet

Connect the bridge to the router with the Ethernet cable.

Press and hold the reset button on the bridge for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the bridge.

Open the setup page of the router. Check the wireless settings of your router for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless band. Make sure that Wireless MAC filter is disabled on your router.

Go to Status tab and click on Local Network sub tab. Click on DHCP Client table and check for the IP address of your bridge.

Open the setup page of the bridge with the IP address. Assign a static IP address to the bridge ( for example 192.168.1.250, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 ).Save the settings.

Open the setup page of the bridge with the new static IP address. Click on Wireless tab and go to Wireless site survey sub tab.

Select your network and try to connect to the network.

If it shows connected then disconnect the bridge from the router.

Power cycle the router and bridge. Once powered on the router and bridge, try to ping the IP address of the bridge when wireless.

If you get replies then both the devices are communicating with each other.

If it does not work with 5 GHz wireless band then try with 2.4 GHz wireless band.

rev214

Did it (about 10-12 times now). Still will not connect.

Carrot

I think you can try to upgrade the firmware on your router.
Connect the computer to the router with the Ethernet cable. Download the firmware from Linksys website and upgrade it on your router.
After upgrading the firmware on your router, reset the router and reconfigure it.

As you mentioned, WET can connect to the Local network.
Can you ping the IP address of WET when it is wireless?
If you are able to ping the IP address of WET in the local network that means the WET is communicating with the router.

Connect one computer to the Ethernet port on WET.
Try to ping the IP address of the router from that computer. If you get replies from your router IP address then try to ping 4.2.2.2 . If you get replies from 4.2.2.2 then try to ping yahoo.com .
Post the ping result from that computer.

rev214

The firmware has been upgraded, and yes, I do get responses whenever I ping. Still cannot connect to the internet.

Carrot

Can you access the Internet on your computer when you connect the computer to the WET?

Can you ping the router IP address ? What result do you get when you try to ping DNS server 4.2.2.2 ?

Please post the ping result.

rev214

My computer cannot connect to the internet either. My LAN connection identifies it as an Unidentified Public Network with no internet access.

Here is the ping results from server 4.2.2.2 -

Ping Capture.PNG

forsaken

Your computer is getting reply from the DNS servers that means WET is communicating with the router and DNS server.

What happens when you try to ping a website yahoo.com or google.com ?

Try to assign static DNS server on your computer and see if that works. Open Local area connection properties and assign static DNS server addresses ( Preferred DNS 192.168.1.1 and alternate DNS 4.2.2.2  ).

Now try to access the Internet on that computer.

rev214

I have tried that several times. I appreciate all of the help/suggestions, but Linksys support says they have tried everything they know to do, and we have tried everything several times.

One of the reasons that I chose Linksys is because they advertise "Award Winning" customer support.  I would like to know what award they are talking about.