magikmiles

WGA54G v2. and connecting it a printer.

Hi,

I have a WGA54G v2. and I need use it as  wireless access point for a wired printer.  I have an apple Time Capsule with a built in router.  Anyone know how to get these two to talk to each other ???

Miles.

peanuts

Re: WGA54G v2. and connecting it a printer.

There are two ways to connect a Linksys router to another router:

1. LAN to LAN – Connecting one of the Ethernet ports (LAN ports) of the second Linksys router to one of the Ethernet ports (LAN ports) of the main router.

This connection makes the computers connected to both routers to be on the same LAN IP segment.  This will allow sharing of resources within the network.

2. LAN to WAN – Connecting one of the Ethernet ports (LAN ports) of the main router to the Internet port (WAN port) of the second Linksys router.

This connection makes it easier to identify which router the computers are connected to since they will have different LAN IP segments.  Thus, computers that are connected to router A will not be able to communicate with router B, and vice versa since they are two different networks.

Here is the link for the configuration - http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=d4bfc9fde5284a4b845c9057ffbeb644_4735.xml&pid=80&r...