wooz

problems with WAPPOE

HP ProCurve 2848 >> WAPPOE 1.2 Injector >> Cable run through ceiling >> Linksys WAP 4400N I'm not getting a link light on either my switch(ProCurve) or the WAP 4400N, I do get a PoE light on the 4400N, the wireless seems to be functioning, but no Ethernet light... I've tested my cables, they all seem fine.
silver_swan

Re: problems with WAPPOE

are you using the same ethernet cable that came with the device? how long is the ethernet cable?
wooz

I'm using a cable run by our wiring company to a point in the ceiling.. I'd say about 50-60 feet at most
wooz

But I've tested it with several cables, several access points, several switches..
GossamerSD

Same issue here.  Trying to power a linksys WAP that is POE capable with a matching linksys WAPPOE12...  Power light comes on.  Ethernet light never does at WAP or switch.  Anyone find a solution?
GossamerSD

Also, just checked and the WAP is also a WAP4400N in this case...
GossamerSD

OK, I figured out the cause for this on Friday.  Just finally getting a chance to repost.

Here's the strange deal...  It appears that the WAPPOE12 gets confused by autosensing gigabit switches.  As soon as I plugged this into an old Linksys 5-port hub, it worked perfectly.  But off of a newer Linksys 5-port 10/100/1000 switch, I do not get a link light on the switch, and the Access Point is inaccessible via the network.  I suppose if it was a managed switch, I could specify for the port to operate at 100 mb only.  But alas...