kokota

Issues with PSUS4 and new router

Prior to Verizon installing my FiOS service including the Verizon provided Actiontec MI424WR router,  I was running a Linksys Router WRT350N along with a Linksys print server (PSUS4) and a Linksys Storage Device (NAS200).

Upon replacing the Linksys router with the Actiontec MI424WR, the print server will not communicate with the Actiontec MI424WR router. The NAS200 works fine.

I have tried a static IP address and also DHCP settings on the print server with no luck. I believe it may be some type of firewall or similar in the MI424WR blocking the print server.

Below is the response I had from the router manufacturer when I asked the same questions:

There is no firewall on the LAN network of the router, only on the WAN port.
Not sure why it isn't connecting. The IP subnet and gateway should all be the same as what the LINKSYS equipment was providing.
There are no settings in the route for printers or file\printer sharing so honestly not sure why it won't connect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Klatch

Re: Issues with PSUS4 and new router

What is the IP address of the verizon router?

What is the IP address of the PSUS4 print server?

Did you change the IP address of print server?

If you have changed the IP address of the print server then I think you will need to add the new printer port on your computer for the new IP address of the print server.

Connect the print server to the verizon router and printer to the print server. Press and hold the reset button on the print server for 5 seconds. You may get a test print where you will find the current IP address of the print server. try to ping the IP address of the print server. if you get replies from the print server IP address then your computer is communicating with the print server.

What is the operating system on your computer?

kokota

The IP address of the verizon router is 192.168.1.1

The IP address I set to the PSUS4 is 192.168.1.111, I also tried DHCP settings as well as other static IPs.

I am running Windows XP Home.

Tried to ping with no success. :smileysad:

great_white

If you are not able to ping the IP address of the print server then your computer is not communicating with the print server.

how did you find the IP address of the print server. if you are able to access the setup page of the print server then your computer is communicating with the print server.

Follow this link to add printer port on your computer.