chapin4u

Multifunction printer - how to configure the scanner

Hi,

I just finished installing a multifunction printer - Canon Mx 310 to the print server using a computer with Win 7 (64bit).

The printing option works perfect. Now I need to configure the scanner option, since I get an error that no scanner is connected when trying to use the scanning option.I connected the multifunction printer directly to the computer and I am able to scan.

Can someone guide me in how to configure the print server so the computer can detect the scanning port.

Thanks

Carrot

Re: Multifunction printer - how to configure the scanner

To use the scanning function of through your Printer Sever you need to install the Print Server utility on your computer. You can try to install the PS Utility on your computer and once its done you should be able to use Scanning function.

chapin4u

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately the cd with PS utility won't run on my computer, since I am running under Windows 7. I need to manually configure the option for scanning as I had to do it with the printing option.

Help greatly appreciated

Carrot

Without the Linksys PS Utility the scanner feature will not work. May be you can try this link and it will help you to share your Scanner on the Network.

LightningMan

I will try the software at the page you linked to.  I am in a similar boat, in that one of my machines is Windows 7, but the utility on my XP machine doesn't see the print server even though it's there and can be accessed on the network as a printer by both machines.