jethro727

PC won't recognize WPSM54G HELP!

Greetings. I am trying to reinstall my WPSM54G on my wireless network (via Belkin F6D4230-4 router). I can make it through the steps to set up the print server without any errors, but when I go to set up the PC, it does not pick up the WPS. (PC works fine on wireless). I am using XP.

I went through the the settings on the WPS vis the IP address, and set the SSID and WPA2-PSK settings to match my router. I have also tried disabling the firewall, which did not resolve. I have it set to obtain an IP address automatically. The WPS settings do show my printer in there

I had the WPS working with this printer awhile back, but I cannot swear that it was with this particular router, if that matters. 

Appreciate any help or suggestions. This is frustrating...!

jethro727

Re: PC won't recognize WPSM54G HELP! part II

I also tried disabling Windows firewall and Symantec firewall and that did not resolve. :manmad: arrrgggg...

castor

You can access the setup page of the WPSM54G. Assign a static IP address to the print server so that it will not change the IP address after reboot.

If your computer is able to ping the IP address of print sever then it is communicating with the print server.

You just need to add a printer port on your computer so that it will print through the print server.

What is the operating system on your computer?

Follow this link to configure printer port on windows Vista computer.

Follow this link to configure printer port on windows 7 computer.

jethro727

[ Edited ]

Greetings and thanks for your reply. I am using XP. I believe that I was able to properly create the new port and install the correct printer drivers, and see the new profile in my printers, but I still am not seeing the printer listed when I go through the WPS54G PC setup. Also when I try to print a test page, it shows in the queue, but I am receiving an error and it will not print.

I did disable the firewall, per instructions. I am NOT able to ping the IP address that I added. I do get a message when doing the WPS install that says "IP address of your computer is not in the same LAN segment with the wireless G print server."  (Assume that Subnet Mask and Gateway should use same IP address ??) 

Thank you. 

eyedoc317