sashko

Power Input for EFSP42

Hello,

I lost my power adapter for my print server EFSP42 and I want to buy a new one.

In the data sheet I found 5V(3A) and in the user manual 12V(1A) ?!

Which one is correct?

Thanks, Alexander
forsaken

Re: Power Input for EFSP42

I believe it should be 12 V  /  1 Amps ..
sashko

Are you sure? I can damage this device if you're not ...
ShortChopCQB

Well I put a 12v 1a on it and it's toasted.  The funny smell gave it away.

The 5v 1a one from the old swich I had worked perfectly but I needed an additional power supply.

Oh well.
tumbletiger

Okay, sorry for the necropost, but my issue is directly related. I also have an EFSP42 that has been separated from its power cord. Most of the photos that I have seen of this model on the resale market show a center-pin DC power jack. The one I have has a three-pin power jack (I believe this is sometimes referred to as mini-IEC). I believe this photo shows the correct size/shape power cord: http://www.accesscomms.com.au/reference/outputplugsiec.htm. Any ideas on where to find this type of cord, and is it still 5V, 1A DC? Alternatively, can the jack itself be changed out to a center-pin?
Modern man

[ Edited ]

Yes, I would also like to see the pinout for the power plug. I got an EFSP42 without the power supply, and posed the question to the guys at live chat but they can't find it on their computer. If my company couldn't support a 6 or 8 year old product we'd be out of business.

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

Message Edited by kent07 on 12-19-2008 04:06 PM
bkl070

I also have the same problem  the plug on mine is a concentric barrel plug though (Single female plug)  honestly though 12 volts seems very high.  It would be nice if someone had one and they could tell us what they have.  I have tried and cannot find a 3amp power supply anywhere.  The specs online say 5v 3amp I believe
djraison

Just checked mine - I have a 12v 800mA PSU as supplied.

Rgds.

DavidR.