Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
folkmar
I can not make connection to the printserver in Win 7. Is there a new driver?
castor

Re: Psus4

Well the PSUS4 Printserver Utility in not Compitable with Windows 7. You need to configure your PSUS4 Manually.

Connections : Printer - Printserver (PSUS4) - Router...Make sure your Printer drivers are installed...

Press and hold the Reset button of the PrintServer for three seconds and then release it. This will automatically send a diagnostic test page to the printer connected. 

Look for the IP address on the printed test page. If you are using a Linksys router with a default IP address of 192.168.1.1, the PrintServer should be getting an IP range of 192.168.1.x as well indicating that it is properly obtaining an IP address from the network. 

Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer. Type “http://<IP address obtained from the test page>” on the Address bar then press [Enter]. In this example, we used 192.168.1.105 as the IP address obtained from the test page.

A new window will prompt for a User name and Password. Leave the User name space blank, type in your PrintServer’s password (“admin” is the default password), then click OK

Once Login to the Printserver Setup page, click Protocol tab...Select Use the following IP address and enter the settings on the screen below. In this example, we used 192.168.1.78 as the new IP address for the PrintServer. Under Subnet Mask enter the Subnet Mask that the router is using. In this example, we used 255.255.255.0 as the new Subnet Mask for the PrintServer.Under Gateway enter the IP address of the router. In this example, we used 192.168.1.1 as the new Gateway for the PrintServer and click on Apply.

Once you are done with this settings this means you Printserver is configure properly...

Now you need to Add the Ports on your Computer for your Printserver.

Open Control Panel in WIndows 7 and open the "Printers" folder. Right click on the "Printer Name" and click on Properties and below you need to click on "Add Port" and click on Next and in the next screen, click on "Create a new port". At the "Type of Port" prompt, use the drop-down and select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click next.

Under "Device Type" use the drop-down and select "TCP/IP device". The Hostname or IP address for this device will be the address assigned in the Protocol tab on the administration web page. Click the box that will allow the O/S to query the printer for the appropriate driver and click "Next".

The "Additional Port Inforrmation" screen should open. Click on "Custom" and then "Settings". Protocol = LPR and LPR settings are: Queue Name = LP1 and check on "LPR Byte Counting Enabled". Leave "SNMP Status Enabled" unchecked. Click Ok and Ok. Once you are back to your Printer Folder, Close all the windows and restart your Computer.

Now open anyone of your Documents and try to give a Print Command, and you should get the printout.

folkmar

Thank's a lot, I will try it and return
folkmar

It  works !! thanks!!
jazzloft

When I go into ports, everything is ghosted and it won't let me add or change anything.
Gordond

I get a blank page with i reset the PSUS4. I have att uverse and I plugged the ethernet cable from the PSUS4 directly intothe Gateway for uverse.

help Gordon

johnsea

These steps did not work for me.  I followed the step exactly. Any other ideas?

Will there be a windows 7 update to the PSU?

dbrownle

origionally this did not work for me.  Once I upgraded my printserver to the latest firmward (10.17)  it seems to be working.
johnsea

Thanks!!

I updated the firmware and the above steps worked perfectly.

sjmnyc

I have successfully set up printing with these instructions, thanks.  What about scanning?  The PrintServer is supposed to support mutli-function printers?