Re: Psus4

FWIW -  I just downloaded the latest firmware 1019 and latest scan utility, Works fine on Win7-32 for both printing and scanning.
JayC3

So how the heck do I install the firmware? There are no instructions. I downloaded the file, extracted it and am left with a BIN file. If I take the time to translate that BIN into something that works, will there be instructions for me?

What have y'all used to run the BIN file, there seem to be several different choices depending on if the BIN is a cd image, data file, or code file.

dsouleles

The BIN file is the firmware. The firmware upgrade tool is on the print server itself. You need to login to the print server through the web browser, select the firmware upgrade option and point it to the BIN file.   You should have the print server connected directly to your router with a network cable when you do this. 

JayC3

Thanks. I cannot get my printer to print out the page with the IP address (by holding the reset button on the print server). I connected my print server to my D-Link wireless router to see if I could find the IP address that way. All I can find on the D-Link set-up is that a cable is connected (LAN 2), but no where is there an IP address.

Any ideas how to get the IP address of the print server so that I can run the firmware update so that I can print from my Windows  7 machine. I have been doing fine with it all on my Vista machine for 6+ months, but am now running 2 laptops.

JayC3

OK, I got the IP of ther print server. I now have it connected directly to the wireless router, but the "upgrade" firmware button is greyed out. It says i need to be connected to the router via an ethernet cable. BUT I AM. Do I somehow need to disasble the wireless of the print server so that it only looks at the cabled connection? If so, how?
jpowell47

I have tried to use your fix but I am having a bit of difficulty.  Your post mentions - "Once Login to the Printserver Setup page, click Protocol tab...Select Use the following IP address and enter the settings on the screen below."  I did not see a screen in the post. 

I did not have any luck getting the IP address by holding the reset button for three seconds, but could get it from my wife's laptop.  

mprocino

I ran the printserver configuration successfully, but when I press the reset button, the page shows an IP address of 0.0.0.0.  Same for subnet mask and gateway address.  What did I do wrong?
eddyy714

[ Edited ]

I was having the same problem but managed to successfully install the print server on Windows 7 Professional x64 using compatibility mode for Windows Vista sp2.

I think the problem is the software from your printer manufacturer: I had installed my printers software for Windows 7 from HP and my printer would never be found.  I then installed the software for Windows Vista, attempted to install it but received an error message saying my OS is not supported.  I then ran it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista and was able to install the printer on my computer.

I first reset my print server by pressing and holding the reset button for twenty seconds.  I then downloaded the print server utility setup from Linksys, and ran it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista sp2. I followed the steps, and was able to successfully install it.  I am able to print wirelessly now, but have not tested scanning or the other functions.  You can probably select XP sp3 to use in compatibility mode - that's what I used when I had Windows 7 RC installed.

Hope this helps, it seemed fairly easy, especially compared to the "solution"  which did not work for me.

So again, these are the steps I did to setup the print server.:

1) Uninstall all of your printers software (ex. HP photosmart, HP solution center, etc) leaving nothing.

2) Download software/drivers for your printer for Windows Vista or XP - NOT WINDOWS 7

3) Install the printer software you just downloaded in compatibility mode for Vista or XP, whichever you downloaded in step 2 (I don't think it matters which service pack you choose)

4) After its installed, download the print server utility setup wizard, DO NOT RUN/INSTALL IT YET.

5) Reset your print server to factory settings by pressing and holding the reset button for 20 seconds.

6) Run the print server utility setup wizard in compatibility mode for Vista or XP, whichever OS you downloaded for in step 2 (you should probably use the same service pack number you chose in step 3) and select the option to set up the print server.

7) Follow the steps that come up on your screen and continue to set up your computer.

To setup another computer you basically do the same steps over again, except that on step 6, instead of setting up the print server, you just need to setup the computer.

You should be able to get it setup and printer/print server found successfully, that's exactly what I did.

Also, I had my wireless router on Channel 3, and my print server would not connect to my network.  So I switched it to channel 11 and was able to get it to work. The only option on the print server for channels was "Auto" so I had to change it on my router.

Message Edited by eddyy714 on 03-08-2010 05:38 PM
bdhumes

I installled the firmward 1019 and got the printserver to work with my Windows 7 laptop.  However, I was then unable to access the printserver with any of my XP laptops.  Has anyone been able to get XP systems and 7 systems to work on the printserver simultaneously?
bherber

I got the test page to print out by holding in the reset button... The TCP/IP info is as follows: IP Address: 192.168.1.6 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway Addr: 192.168.1.1 SMB Info: LADYDAY2 I tried plugging the 192.168.1.6 into the IE9 browser and it just comes back and says "Not found". I still can't figure out how to get into the PrintServer Setup page. Suggestions? (I know this worked before... Interestingly enough, at the time the SMB name before was "LADYDAY2", and now it's just "LADYDAY"... I think this discrepancy may be why the printer is not being recognized by my laptop now...But again, I can't get into the PrintServer Setup page to change anything.)