Darth14
Accepted Solution

WPS54G Print Server doesn't print wirelessly

I am using the setup wizard, but when it is checking for the wireless setting I get a message that the connection failed. please help!!
quack

Re: WPS54G Print Server doesn't print wirelessly

Well just check out that the Printer is Offline? If its Offline than change it to Online & you will be able to resolve the issue.
Darth14

Hi quack thanks for your answer , unfortunately everything is correct and turned on... when I unplugged the ethernet cable just before the last step of the wizard and it is on the screen of "Now your wireless is connected" a little box appeares saying "connect fail"... But if I leave the ethernet cable plugged, the process goes "perfect", because I can print, but the server must be connected to the router wirely...

I'm starting to think if it is because the WPA key of my router, I use a WPA2:AES+TKIP,and I'm not pretty shure if the server is compatible.

Thanks for your commment!!! I wish that exist a solution!!

Kevin Cheng

According to WPS54G's spec, it only supports WPA, not support WPA2.

Don't know there is any new F/W can support WPA2 or not.

So you had better to change the wireless security to WPA-PSK(TKIP) on both router and WPS54G.

And when you want to use WPS54G wirelessly, after you unplug the ethernet cable, you have to power WPS54G off then on.

Darth14

Thanks!!! It's solved!! I only had to change the WPA2 to WPA on the router and the server automaticly detected my network.

The only curious thing is that the wizard didn't recognize the wireless conection, it still said "Connection Failed", but when I tried it by the browser it worked. 

I'm now worried about the general security of my LAN because AES is better than TKIP, but the server doesn't use it.

If someone has the same server and the same problem I can help by mail.

deander0@gmail.com

This didn't help me. Windows 7 Brother MFC7340 I've tried everything and no success!!

okiedokie786

How does one tell the WPS54G that the printer is online? I see no option for that on the Printer status page.