mzk
mzk

Re: WPS54GU2 and Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Untitled.jpgwhat should i do in this case and how can i perform an update?

ps - when i am trying to add a port on my laptop, it is asking me, if there is any epson stylus connected.. i bought my devise from goodwill, so somebody already messed with it up. tried to reset, but it worked just partually (30 sec + 15 sec + 15 sec + 1 min)... any other ideas ?

yxgu123

lowbassc wrote:

Does anyone know if the Linksys WPS54GU2 is compatible with Windows 7? The print server works with other computers on my network, but I can't get it to work with my new Dell laptop running Windows 7. Can anyone help?

Expert
daikunzeon

@yxgu123

Are you having problems with the device WPS54GU2?

Please post the specific concern that you are experiencing. Thanks.

wheljam

Argh. Wont tell you that updating my aged hardware is an option at this point so please don't suggest that...

Trying to get my wife's Nexus 10 tablet to use Google print. Long story short, when logging in to her gmail acct via my laptop, the connection wont work properly because my laptop never worked w/ the wireless connection properly. Trying to remedy that first...

I am using the WPS54GU2 which is not connecting right. I reset it several times, got a new IP address, still nothing.  I set up the IP port as well, that's not working...  Got to this posting and now have the problem of the firmware won't upgrade. Windows 7, WPSM54G_v1019.bin, etc.

So here's a screenshot of the upgrade rejection. Don't know if I can get help here but I'd just as well ask.  Thanks ahead of time.

problem.jpg

ylime1984

Seems the issue you're having has something to do with the firmware, you update the firmware first. This is the most current version, Ver.6032 then after the upgrade you might have to reset it to make sure the firmware is loaded properly. Article below will guide you;

Upgrading the Linksys PrintServer’s Firmware

http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2ca236b6a99944db8416affa053748cf_4133.xml&pid=80&...

wheljam

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying, nice to know someone's keeping up w/ this forum.

Firmware 6032 is installed, what's currently running.

Whoever wrote the technical replies earlier (above) said that using the firmware for a different product (WPSM54G) worked for him, and his Dell laptop running Windows 7 Ultra.  I have neither of those, but was going to update the printserver's firmware w/ the latest WPSM54G firmware he mentioned (1019).

What I'm running:

Win 7 OS

Gateway NV53A PC

Canon Pixma MX700 printer

WRT54GS router

WPS54GU2 printserver

Tried to get it all to work last night for 3 hours. Ridiculous it should even take that long but I'm no networking expert. I've got a lot of other things on the plate too. Sorry.

Jake_2.0

Updating the firmware of a device with a different model may damage the device but whatever it takes to make the device to work is I guess worth a try. Just make sure that there’s connectivity between the computer and to the print server so that you will be able to try LPR printing. If this will not be successful in your end then perhaps you can try other options like (file &) printer sharing.

wheljam

[ Edited ]

I'm fairly hesitant to try to install the incorrect firmware as well. I know it's really not something I can undo. So, thinking that if there's another way which can be implemented, I'd go that route. (And maybe learn something in the process, which is good.)

Thing is, I don't know at this point what hasn't been done / why the printer isn't doing what it's supposed to. If there were a step-by-step remedy I'd try to experiment. Many of the examples I've seen on Cisco's site so far are fantastic.

So, if I knew that I must do A first, then get B to work, then go back and do C, etc etc, then I'd more than likely be successful. However right now since I'm technically savvy but still a newbie when it comes to networking hardware, it's more a hit or miss outcome.  Like, I know the printserver drivers may not be installed or something elementary which is holding this process up, but it is really now a matter of getting into it again when I've got days off.  Can anyone offer a bit of advice, just seeing a snapshot of my print queue below? Something obvious here?  The first item was generated by my wife's aforementioned Nexus 10. The second item was from my laptop (after the tedious 3hrs I spent trying to get this to work a few days ago). Silly things still haven't printed...

print queue.png