Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
TNZooKeeper

Which hardware to use for print server

I am getting ready to upgrade one of my PCs from XP to W7. I have that PC ethernetted to an E3000. My other PCs and devices are wireless. I have a great Brother office laser and a Canon photo printer. Both are from the XP era and USB connected to the ethernetted PC. I want to get them off the PC and put both on the network so my laptop can access them also. What do I need?

scrooge

Re: Which hardware to use for print server

You have Brother office laser and a Canon photo printer which is wired so in order to make that printer a wireless network printer you should have a wireless Print Server...And make sure that the Laptop that you have Windows 7 should be 32bits Windows 7...

TNZooKeeper

Thanks,

I already have the E3000 wireless that everything is  connected through to Comcast. It has open ethernet ports and a USB port. Isn't there a multiport USB adapter for ethernet that would work in that mode as a print server through the E3000 or does it have to be a dedicated print server with a different wireless?

Also the laptop is 64 bit w7, Intel 2nd generation core, 8 gigs RAm, 1080 HD, etc.

scrooge

One more question, the printer that you have is a network printer or its a normal printer? And Cisco do not have USB Adapter  with multiple ethernet ports which can make the printer wireless...
If you the printer that you have is a network printer then you can use WES610N which will make the printer wireless but it has only 4 ethernet ports and no USB port...
If the printer is a normal printer then you need to have a Printer Server but that do not support Windows 7 [64 bits]...