BillClark22

Wireless part of WPS11 NOT working

Have a WPS11 v3 with the latest firmware.  I have configured it using the Bi-Admin utility and have it working wired into my 2Wire DSL router.  The problem is when I try to go wireless it doesn't work.  When I power down, pull the plug and power back on, the wireless activity light blinks of and on like it is receiving data but I cannot ping it from that point on.  I can find it via a wireless search of the network, but cannot ping and therefor cannot print.  I have set it to 802.11 Ad-Hoc mode, Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc modes won't activate the wireless activity led's at all.  Any ideas or is this just a piece of junk?  TIA
dibbler

Re: Wireless part of WPS11 NOT working

Hi…you need to configure the printserver according to wireless settings of wireless router…just get the necessary wireless settings of wireless router e.g. SSID, channel, wireless encryption and encryption code and also let me know the IP address of printserver so that I can tell you step by step…

BillClark22

Done that, the wireless setting on the WPS11 are configured exactly like those on the actual wireless modem; same SSID, WEP key and channel.  I've tried changing channels on both devices and it doesn't work.  When the WPS11 is setup, the Wireless LAN led blinks like it is sending/receiving data, and I can see it on a wireless "sweep" but it never connects to the wireless modem.  I have even assigned it a default IP address and have tried it with a DHCP setup. 
dibbler

In this case you need to reset the printserver back to the factory default settings, reflash the firmware, reset it again for ten seconds and reconfigure it according to wireless settings of router, also try setting up static IP on printserver in range of the wireless router…

You need to add TCP/IP ports on wired and wireless computer, try this link to add TCP/IP ports…

BillClark22

[ Edited ]
It all works fine until I pull the cable and try it wireless.  Whether it is wireless via DHCP or static, once that cable is pulled, it just stops responding.  Won't answer to pings or to the bi-admin program.  It DOES however show up in a wireless scan...go figure.  Any more ideas....anyone....

(Edited for guideline compliance. Thanks!)

Message Edited by OnnagokorO on 05-20-2007 07:36 PM

awl16

BillClark22 -

Did you figure out your issue?  I am having the same problem (WPS11 v1 works when plugged in with an ethernet cable, but no connection when it's unplugged).  I have the same SSID, WEP settings (none, for now), etc.  I was able to successfully print a windows test page when the WPS11 is connected via ethernet, but there is no wireless connection when I unplug the ethernet cable.

Thanks!

Adam

Kevin Cheng

Hi,

After you unplug the ethernet cable, you have to power off then on WPS11.

Then its wireless can function.

awl16

Thanks, Kevin!  That worked!

Adam

Coira

I have exactly the same problem as BillClark22. The WPS11-Config meets the Router config. The WPS11 was resetted after configuration. On the router side I can see the mac-adress of the WPS11 but it is not pingable. Any more ideas....anyone....
awl16

Coira - Did you follow Kevin Cheng's instructions? That worked for me.