Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
asad5m

A question about the RE1000 built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port.

Dear Members,

Kindly tell me Can The Linksys RE1000 Creat another wirless network.

I would like to create another wireless network by running an Ethernet cable from an RE4200 router to the end of the second floor of our  building and connect   it to a RE1000 Access Point there.

IS it posible to create another Wireless network.

Refrence:

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Range-Expanders/how-many-range-expander-s-can-i-use/m-p/69380#M101...

vai_fan

Re: A question about the RE1000 built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port.

Well the purpose of RE1000 is to increase the range of the wireless signal coming from the existing Access Point or router. The RE1000 Range extender can be used as a bridge with the second router..

But creating another wireless network will not be possible.. Most importantly, remember that in order to get the best performance from an RE1000 you need to place the extender in an area where you still have at least 50% signal strength to your router when you place it in the final location where the RE1000 will be used. To configure the RE1000 you will need to login to the UI after you have put the RE1000 in the final location to verify the signal strength below is a reminder about signal bars and what they mean as a reminder

asad5m

Is it possible to use the built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port to extend the network ?

Thank you for your response.

Kindly.

Is  it possible  to use the built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port to extend the network  with an Ethernet  cable and  without placing the extender in an area where you still have at signal ?

I would like to Expand the network  network by running an Ethernet cable from an RE4200(Basement floor ) router to the end of  the RE1000 built-in Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) port in the second floor..