Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
njweb

Flashing 'Cisco' logo issue with RE1000?

[ Edited ]

The E4200 router flashing logo light issue is now fixed (via the latest firmware 1.0.03), which is great news.

The bad news is my RE1000 range extender's logo light constantly flashes (although the unit does work flawlessly aside from this "cosmetic" nuisance).

I am curious how many others have experienced this problem (I know that many E4200 users were impacted with the router logo flashing) and if any of you have found a fix?.

I will see if I can detect whether a neighbor is trying to connect...

Brenda

Re: Flashing 'Cisco' logo issue with RE1000?

I am curious too! but let us wait if other's will post the same "flashing" with their RE1000.

On the technical side, did you do any troubleshooting on your RE? like powercycling it maybe?

Brenda wrote:

I am curious too! but let us wait if other's will post the same "flashing" with their RE1000.

On the technical side, did you do any troubleshooting on your RE? like powercycling it maybe?

I did power cycle it and also rebooted it via the web interface. That did not help unfortunately.

At least it works great.

Brenda

yeah...

hope that this is not a software issue and just a glitch from the LED light... ;D

Brenda wrote:

yeah...

hope that this is not a software issue and just a glitch from the LED light... ;D

:-)

Well the software is causing it to flash, but since it works fine in terms of its primary functionality, it seems like a software bug (or defect as some in our IT industry now refer to them as).

I have WPS disabled too.

njweb

Is anyone else experiencing this with their RE1000???

If the cause is similar to that of the E4200 flashing logo issue (which was just fixed in the 4th firmware), it is probably quite common.

njweb

I got another (third) RE1000 since the light on my old RE1000 would just die until I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

The new one was flashing too (no surprise there since my prior two did so as well) when I plugged it DIRECTLY into the wall outlet in the kitchen (up against ceramic tile).

I decided to unplug it from the wall and try the included cord instead - the flashing seems to have stopped (will go to kitchen later and double check that the light is still solid).

I did notice that the web admin page showed it stopped responding multiple times and it even happened during the firmware upgrade to 1.0.01 and subsequent downgrade.

I will post a separate thread for that and a strange 'WPS = on' on the status screen issue despite having WPS set to 'off' in the settings!

njweb

njweb wrote:

I got another (third) RE1000 since the light on my old RE1000 would just die until I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

The new one was flashing too (no surprise there since my prior two did so as well) when I plugged it DIRECTLY into the wall outlet in the kitchen (up against ceramic tile).

I decided to unplug it from the wall and try the included cord instead - the flashing seems to have stopped (will go to kitchen later and double check that the light is still solid).

I did notice that the web admin page showed it stopped responding multiple times and it even happened during the firmware upgrade to 1.0.01 and subsequent downgrade.

I will post a separate thread for that and a strange 'WPS = on' on the status screen issue despite having WPS set to 'off' in the settings!

The flashing did not stop after plugging it in using the included corded power solution (it started flashing again eventually).

DCDJB

Same flashing logo here as well.  I've tried all of the above recomendations.  Guess I'll wait for an eventual fix via firmware update???

CanuckPorkchop

The flashing is driving me nuts cause its affecting my signal (dropping in and out all day long!)

HELP!!!:smileymad: