Knucklehead10

Re: Flashing 'Cisco' logo issue with RE1000?

I have the same flashing light problem with my RE1000.  It cycles through blinking, "breathing", then solid.  Then it starts over again & repeats.  It was happening with my E4200 earlier, but I chatted with tech support & got the firmware to fix that.  I followed that up by chatting with tech support about the RE1000 & they said it wasn't a problem.

I am not entirely convinced that it's not a problem.  I haven't run any scientic trials, but I think my signal from the extender is irregular.

Was hoping to find a solution here, but it looks like we're all confused.

njweb

Knucklehead10 wrote:

I have the same flashing light problem with my RE1000.  It cycles through blinking, "breathing", then solid.  Then it starts over again & repeats.  It was happening with my E4200 earlier, but I chatted with tech support & got the firmware to fix that.  I followed that up by chatting with tech support about the RE1000 & they said it wasn't a problem.

I am not entirely convinced that it's not a problem.  I haven't run any scientic trials, but I think my signal from the extender is irregular.

Was hoping to find a solution here, but it looks like we're all confused.

It IS a problem since the light should be operating as advertised.

They just need to do what they did for the E4200's flashing issue.

They may have said that it is "not an issue" because they are unwiling to fix it.

My RE1000 light eventually stops flashing entirely (even though it is operating as evidenced by the duplicate SSID still showing up in my wireless utility's list of networks. I should not have to check that it is running that way.

I have to unplug the RE1000 to get the light flashing again for N days before it goes off again eventually. Very disconcerting.

When I first called about the E4200 flashing issue, tech support tried to pin it on other things - first saying maybe you're not connected, then saying it is normal etc. (three different reasons given in ONE call). Even a manager could not help.

I can't blame them though since the company / engineering dept. released a product with an annoying flaw that a large number of users experienced, so it should have been caught during  SIT (System Integration Testing) or UAT (User Acceptance Testing).

The web admin page for the RE1000 says I have WPS on in one place and off in another!

Hopefully they can fix these issues, especially the light (the WPS setting glitch doesn't bother me, unless it is in some way linked to the cause of the flashing light).

Kudos to them for fixing it in the E4200. I hope they see it is in their best interest to fix it on the RE1000.

glluberes@gmail.com

I am having the same issue and my signal seems to be very inconsistent.  Is there any recommendation?

Ulf Hreda

I just unpacked and plugged in the RE1000.  I set it up using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and it is connecting to an E4200.  All appears to have gone well with the setup (verified with a manual check of both devices).  Both the RE1000 and E4200 are running the latest FW.  The RE1000 logo continues to cycle through a solid, slow flashing, fast flashing, and then off sequence.  Using a Wi-Fi analyzer I have determined that I am indeed connected to the RE1000.  The signal strength appears to fluctuate within 10-15 dBm, which I'm assuming isn't horrible since the overall signal appears to be decent.  However, I have experienced intermittent disconnections.  I first thought that maybe there was a connection between the flashing logo sequence and the disconnections.  This doesn't seem to be the case, the disconnections appear to be completely random and the flashing logo sequence is relatively consistent thus far.

I will continue to test and troubleshoot to see if I can find anything that would explain these issues.

karlyd

This is going back tomorrow. I stupidly didn't read any reviews and am having the same exact problems as everyone else. Just received it this afternoon and spent atleast 2 hours on the phone with I.T. to no avail. Same problem as everyone else, "excellent" signal one minute and "poor" the next.  Since my JOB depends on this connection, I will be seeking a better product. 

Bigsplash

The flashing Cisco logo is very disruptive since I have the RE1000 in my bedroom, however what is very bothersome is that my signal keeps dropping. I can not watch any videos on my iphone (and yes, I do have WMM enabled)  since the video will stop, if I unplug the RE 1000 and plug it back in it will work for a while.

My kids are complaining that since I have been using the RE1000 that their internet keeps dropping, even though they are on the main floor and should be in easy reach of the wireless router signal from the basement.

I was really hoping for a firmware update, since in its present state it only servers as a paper weight. Hopefully I can still find the bill and return it.

Brenda

Sounds like defective hardware. Need to verify if you are connecting to the RE1000 or the router. Also need to verify if the WPS button is broken.

I just exchanged my RE1000 yesterday for the third time. The logo was solid throughout the night, then this morning it started blinking and losing connection with the Internet. This is my third RE1000, the other two had the same problem; I truly hope this problem get corecited.

ylime1984

Hi there,

I've tried search this type of scenario from the web and this is what I've found;

On the top panel of the Linksys RE1000, the  light has two (2) functions:

Power - The power LED lights up white when the extender is powered ON.  The light flashes slowly every three (3) seconds when the device is reset to factory defaults or during a firmware upgrade.  When the extender is ready for use, the light is continuously lit.  If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second).

Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ LED- Take note of the following activities for the WPS LED:

• When the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ process is active, the light flashes slowly.
  • When the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ is successful, the light is continuously lit.

You may open the link below for more information and there are related links that you might find really helpful.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2d10ba0ec1ee4deaa2d05ff5d90afa86_Getting_to_Know_t...

madmack60

[ Edited ]

In my case  the RE1000 network connection is WPA2 personal and  2.4 GHz wireless. It's the only device using this connection.

I had to use the set up CD on my iMac because it would not work on my Windows Vista PC. 

Last night the RE1000 logo light was flashing it caused buffering problems while I was watching a Netflix movie on my Sony Blu-Ray player. So I unplugged it and replugged it back in after watching the movie the light returned to being solid and this morning was solid. When the RE1000 is plugged in and the logo light is solid my Sony Blu-Ray player has a steady five bars, when it's unplugged it's shows only three bars.