Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
vyaskrishnan

Linksys WRT 120 N - Configuring as a repeater

Hi,

I have with me two routers, one of which is a Linksys WRT 120 N. I wish to configure this such that it behaves as a repeater.

Could someone help me out with the know how ??

Regards,

Vyas

Corleone

Re: Linksys WRT 120 N - Configuring as a repeater

Well, the Linksys router to not have an added feature to work as a repeater. There are two ways to connect two Linksys routers together:

Option 1: Connecting one of the Ethernet ports of the second Linksys router to one of the Ethernet ports of the main Linksys router (Not using DHCP configuration).

By connecting the second router’s Ethernet port to the main router’s Ethernet port, the computers connected to both routers will be on the same LAN IP segment. This will allow sharing of network resources within the network.

Option 2: Connecting Internet port of the second Linksys router to the Ethernet port of the main Linksys router (Using DHCP).

By connecting the second router’s Internet port to the main router’s Ethernet port, it will be easier to identify which router the computers are connected to since they will have different LAN IP segments.

Here is the link: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=529c188bc0ee4f7da79ffc22f2be33ec_4579.xml&pid=80&r...