Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
01corrpa

Re: RE1000 Wireless-N Range Extender - Experience?

By the way, the RE1000 works perfectly now that I purchased a E3200 router. Bell's Sagemcom f@st 2864 modem is a piece of **bleep** so i bridged it.

mcmildc

I am attempting to use it with a new E4200V2. Got them both about a week ago. The router works fine but the RE1000 doesn't and multiple Live Chat sessions have not gotten me any closer to getting it to work. The install seemed to go fine but I saw no improvement on signal strength. Now I can't even get to the RE1000. Trying to run the setup again and it can't find the extender. Maybe a couple more Live Chat sessions and I can get to someone who knows enough to get it working.

artmcbeth

I gave up trying to get the Re1000 to work. Maybe my experience will help some of you.

1. when setting the RE1000, I found the router could not find the RE1000 when it was close to the E2000 router. I moved further away and the setup went well.

2. I set my router to different channels and found channel 11 worked best.

3. I moved the RE1000 to a downstairs room and my signal strength was excellent but my download speed was sluggish.

4. I then went to speedtest.net and found that my download speed was in the two's. I took the RE1000 out of the receptacle and my download speed jumped to eleven. I sent the unit back because using just the router gave me better throughput.

5. Since I get a download speed of 20 at my desktop (plugged into the router), I would expext at least a 10 on the extender.

6. I bought an extender from a competitor and sure enough, I'm getting a download speed over 10.

Ulf Hreda

I just posted the following on another board and thought it might also prove to be useful here:

I just unpacked and plugged in the RE1000.  I set it up using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and it is connecting to an E4200.  All appears to have gone well with the setup (verified with a manual check of both devices).  Both the RE1000 and E4200 are running the latest FW.  The RE1000 logo continues to cycle through a solid, slow flashing, fast flashing, and then off sequence.  Using a Wi-Fi analyzer I have determined that I am indeed connected to the RE1000.  The signal strength appears to fluctuate within 10-15 dBm, which I'm assuming isn't horrible since the overall signal appears to be decent.  However, I have experienced intermittent disconnections.  I first thought that maybe there was a connection between the flashing logo sequence and the disconnections.  This doesn't seem to be the case, the disconnections appear to be completely random and the flashing logo sequence is relatively consistent thus far.

I will continue to test and troubleshoot to see if I can find anything that would explain these issues.

hdpollack

I notice that the RE1000 is quite sensitive to building materials used in the construction of the house. That said, I needed to try placing mine in 4 different locations, before I achieved a solid signal (very good or excellent).

I also noticed that I achieved a stronger signal (better than my initial install (using the CD) right out of the box), when I attached the ethernet cable to the extender, and plugged it into my wireless laptop (the laptop had a strong signal before I bought the Extender). I then pressed RESET on the Extender for 10 seconds. Note this clears any states that have been stored. After this I continued my install, again using the install CD. The instructions on screen will let you know you have a wired and wireless connection. It will tell you to disconnect (the ethernet at that point). This resulted in very good to excellent signals spanning my home on the first floor, and in the basement. 

noury

Not impressed at all

one wall between me and the RE1000

and the RSSI is between -69dbm and -57dbm !!!

reliance

RE1000 is worked, but not always perfect and the setting is not as easy as what the user manual told.

I have RE1000 installed for a year and it is so far so good.

Recently, the RE1000 signal will drop after 15 minutes or so after I login as my computer will automatic connect to a more weak signal from E4200.  This is not happened before and make me fed up. I don't know the new firmware update can solve the problem or not.  Right now I use my old WRT610N to connect with RE1000 to make used of the 5GHz band and hope to solve this problem if it is due to 2.4GHz interference.

jubrand

It seems to expand the range for me, but slow down my speeds.  I don't notice it much on my laptop, but it's really obvious on my ipad and iphone.  Not real impressed with it. 

eggsngrits

My experiences are much like many of the negative commenters on this forum.

The RE1000 works pretty well for a day or so, and then it starts dropping all devices connected to it, which sends them searching for and connecting to the more distant Ea 2700.  Once the devices have connected to the Ea 2700, then the RE1000 becomes visible once again and the devices attempt to connect to it.  This cycle continues until the RE1000 is COMPLETELY reset to factory specifications and is manually reconfigured.

What a pain.  I'm going to buy a competitor's device.

ScarletJamie

eggsngrits wrote:

My experiences are much like many of the negative commenters on this forum.

The RE1000 works pretty well for a day or so, and then it starts dropping all devices connected to it, which sends them searching for and connecting to the more distant Ea 2700.  Once the devices have connected to the Ea 2700, then the RE1000 becomes visible once again and the devices attempt to connect to it.  This cycle continues until the RE1000 is COMPLETELY reset to factory specifications and is manually reconfigured.

What a pain.  I'm going to buy a competitor's device.

What have you done with RE1000 to resolve this issue?