Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
erictty

Re: RE1000 keeps loosing internet connection

Robeman,  Yup.. even with static ip for the extender i'm also seeing the issue.

Read through some of the thread.. i'm going try to turn off my MAC Address filter and see if it works.

Could be due to the virtual mac id screwing up access..

But if that is so, why can i connect intranet?

anyways.. will try it out this weekend and see..

Robeman

Sorry, I have to disappoint you here. I'm not using MAC filter or any encryption, but still this happens.
tmv434

After setting up a static IP for the RE1000, did you go to the admin page of the RE1000 by bringing up the RE1000's static IP address in a browser (by default the username is blank and the password is "admin"), and then change "Automatic Configuration - DHCP" to "Static IP" and reboot the RE1000?

erictty

Yup.  I did that.

Set the RE1000's static IP address in the browser, changing to from Automatic Configuration DHCP to Static IP.

Still didn't work after reboot the Re1000.

joshuaajack

Hi Everyone,

Well, my experience with this tech is similar.  I have this extender on the 2nd floor with a PC plugged into the eth port.  This extends and provides bridging on my network that uses a 3200 as primary router/switch.  My townhouse is approx 1700 sq. ft and the extender is no more than 50 ft. from the router.  See wireless survey page (network "javanet")

Untitled.jpg

I am old school and not fond of network devices and servers having a dynamic IP, so I have configured this device for static.  Now, before someone says "well that is your problem," I have tried this device with a DHCP (against my better judgment) and have the same issue.  Every day or two I have to unplug and replug in the RE1000 due to complete disconnect from the network.  I cannot even access the configuration page via the directly connected ethernet PC.  

Also, when I have a high level of network traffic (say, transferring files between computers or AppleTV watching), the device would lock up and I would go through the same exercise.  I have upgraded the firmware, reset the device, etc. to no avail.  

Any suggestions?  Cisco are you out there?

erictty

Tried it out over the weekend..

And it worked.

When i turn off the Mac filter, i managed to get internet access.
All i had to do was to include the virtual mac id into the router's mac filter and i was done.
Troublesome, but i don't have much devices running on that, so it was ok.

Hope it helped everyone.

BTW, i set my RE1000 to static IP, and had it reserved in my E4200 DHCP reservation table.

carlspackler

[ Edited ]

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?   or just stopped using the extender?    I just purchased / setup mine and after 2 weeks of working fine it stopped passing internet traffic.    I reboot it and everything works again.   Then 2 days later it stopped again, did the static IP and 3 days later stopped again.    I'm leaving it unplugged for now until I find a solution or get an RMA from Cisco.

opheliaimmortal23

[ Edited ]

carlspackler wrote:

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?   or just stopped using the extender?    I just purchased / setup mine and after 2 weeks of working fine it stopped passing internet traffic.    I reboot it and everything works again.   Then 2 days later it stopped again, did the static IP and 3 days later stopped again.    I'm leaving it unplugged for now until I find a solution or get an RMA from Cisco.

Hi. Are you using an N router, too, for your RE1000? It is designed for N routers and just have to make sure that the settings are set for the N connection. If connection is really intermittent, try to modify the wireless settings like the channel but then of course you would have to modify your router's wireless settings and if still the same, try to upgrade the firmware.

tmv434

[ Edited ]

I did not have a problem again after doing the changes that I mentioned in my January 10, 2012 posting to this thread.  The extender has been working fine for months without needing to be rebooted.

In addition to changing to Static IP, did you also do the DHCP reservation?  I did the reservation using an IP address that was outside the range of dynamic IP addresses.  For example, on my E4200 router, in the DHCP Server Setting section, I had the Start IP Address as 192.168.1.100, and for Maximum Number of Users, I had 50.  So for the extender, I did the reservation for an IP address greater than 192.168.1.150. 

Jake_2.0

kudos. nice post...:smileyhappy: